Zero New Jobs in May 2014

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
We certainly are in the midst of an economic recovery. These figures prove it. :eusa_whistle:

Last April I saw a report that 83% of May’s college graduates did not have a job. I remarked that in my day most of us had 2 or 3 job or graduate school offers before we graduated. The latest payroll jobs report issued on June 6 proves that the April report was true.

My opinion, schooled in part by John Williams’ very precise reports on Shadowstats.com, is that on average about half of the new jobs each month are phantom jobs created by the birth-death model and inappropriate seasonal adjustments. So, I figured that the 217,000 jobs claimed for May are more like 108,000. Then I read John Williams’ report on the May jobs number: “Monthly payroll gains overstated by 200,000 plus jobs”

Read more @ Prison Planet.com » More Phantom Jobs Created ? All In The Wrong Places

217,000 new jobs is not zero.

prisonplanet continues to amuse informed Americans

From the NY Times....

Yes, the number of jobs on United States employers’ payrolls has risen back to its pre-recession levels. But in the six and a half years that have passed, the nation’s population has risen a good deal; the civilian noninstitutional population has risen since January 2008, to 247.4 million from 232.6 million. So we now have about the same number of jobs as we did then, but about 15 million more people who might wish to hold them.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/07/u...pier.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&smid=tw-nytimes

The left keps pushing that the reason that there aren't as many people in the labor force is because millions have retired...

They don't talk about people entering into the labor force.

Let's agree we still are in the midst of a shitty recovery.
There's not a lot to celebrate.
GDP the first quarter was downgraded to -1%

Time for the Libs to face reality.

1485.gif

From the NY Times....

Yes, the number of jobs on United States employers’ payrolls has risen back to its pre-recession levels. But in the six and a half years that have passed, the nation’s population has risen a good deal; the civilian noninstitutional population has risen since January 2008, to 247.4 million from 232.6 million. So we now have about the same number of jobs as we did then, but about 15 million more people who might wish to hold them.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/07/u...pier.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&smid=tw-nytimes

The left keps pushing that the reason that there aren't as many people in the labor force is because millions have retired...

They don't talk about people entering into the labor force.
And neither did you!!!!

The labor force in Jan 2008 was 154,063,000 and today is 155,613,000 an increase of 1,550,000. The "liberal" NY Times exaggerated the number 10 fold in favor of the Right!!!

Lets agree the Right will never admit the economy is improving until the GOP can take credit for it.

We know the reality you 'Conservatives' served us up in 2008. We want no part of that reality again. The reality is that the President is still repairing the damage you people left.

Forum List

Back