You've got Three Wishes

1. A cure for cancer.
2. I'd rid our government of career politicians.
3. That my youngest daughter could have had the chance to know my mother.

Don't mean to be nosy...but if your mother died of cancer, then you can get a do-over on your third wish.

1. A cure for cancer.
2. I'd rid our government of career politicians.
3. That my youngest daughter could have had the chance to know my mother.

Don't mean to be nosy...but if your mother died of cancer, then you can get a do-over on your third wish.

She did, but how so?

Your youngest daughter would have had the chance to know your mother if your first wish (a cure for cancer) had come true.

So, you get your third wish back.

(Might I suggest wishing for a MILLION DOLLARS???)

She did, but how so?

Your youngest daughter would have had the chance to know your mother if your first wish (a cure for cancer) had come true.

So, you get your third wish back.

(Might I suggest wishing for a MILLION DOLLARS???)

But my wish can't change what's already happened. That is, unless I wish the cure had be found at least 10 years ago...:razz:

In that case, I'll take the million......:D :D

1. All elected representatives must record all lobbiest contacts and release to the press.
Failure to do so is a treasonable offense.

2. Congress may not exempt itself from any laws.

3. Set maximum campaign spending limits for all levels of public office.

I watched too many Twilight Zone shows and read too many short stories dealing with the down side of making three wishes. And let's not forget Aladdin....

It's always bad to fall into that trap.

But if I won the lottery...that's a whole different story.

Last edited:
I watched too many Twilight Zone shows and read too many short stories dealing with the down side of making three wishes. And let's not forget Aladdin....

It's always bad to fall into that trap.

But if I won the lottery...that's a whole different story.

I think the lottery is one of those things the "three wishes" fables were warning us about. ;)

Forum List

Back