You’re On Without Pay

Discussion in 'Congress' started by Flanders, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Flanders

Flanders ARCHCONSERVATIVE

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,034
    Since it was Congress that never funded the scam, I’m not certain if Barack Taqiyya should be credited with doing something right:

I would sing his praises had he dumped AmeriCorps altogether. Throw in the Peace Corps and I’d campaign to put him up on Mount Rushmore.

[​IMG]

Millennial is another term for Generation Y also known as Generation Me. Irrespective of their generation whenever charity hustlers talk about service you know they are looking for a spot at the public trough:

NOTE: I’m not picking on generation Y. James Madison’s observation indicates charity hustlers have been at it throughout history:

The fact is: AmeriCorps is another long-running fraud that pays sharpshooters to do good. The program serves no useful purpose, but it does give the hustlers cover when they join the ranks of touchy-feely parasites. Unfortunately, all parasites do for themselves while the tax code forces everybody else to do for the government.

Incidentally, the guy who likes to advise conservatives, good old Colin Powell, was always a cheerleader for AmeriCorps.

AmeriCorps is the domestic counterpart of that International fraud funded by taxpayers —— the Peace Corps. The worst kind of touchy-feely bums “volunteered” to save the world but did they really volunteer?

A stint in the Peace Corps guaranteed patronage from congressional Democrats after a “paid volunteer” returned from saving the natives in a Third World village. Looking at today’s world according to UN charity hustlers, poverty is increasing, illiteracy is rampant as is disease, hunger, and brutality. So the world can hardly be called peaceful. Question: What the hell did Peace Corps volunteers ever accomplish other than documenting their worthless efforts in order to enhance their résumés?

This next excerpt is a masterpiece of doublespeak:

Your head should be spinning after reading the above excerpt. Personally, I’m trying to sort out how the government takes tax dollars by force, then pays “Volunteers” to perform a dubious service. I searched high and low and couldn’t find a dictionary that said volunteers get paid —— never mind paid with coerced tax dollars.

Here’s something you might want to try. The next time you apply for a job tell the perspective employer you are volunteering. Be prepared to head for the door when he says “You’re on without pay.”

Forget 582,000, does any believe that 582 Generation Me yuppies would volunteer to work without pay:

Question: Turned away from what? Answer: A soft spot at the public feed tub.

Put the “volunteers” aside for a minute. As sure as I know anything, I know this: Whenever scum in government talk about charity they are doing it to enrich themselves one way or another.

Here’s the link to the article:

2. whitehall

whitehall Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,027
    I remember a crazy little fantasy that Barry Hussein promoted when he was running for his first term to unite his anarchist base and maybe it's a reality we don't know about. Didn't he promote a "civilian army" that would be as powerful as the US Military? Maybe AmeriCorps is secretly armed.

3. Flanders

Flanders ARCHCONSERVATIVE

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,034
    To whitehall: It’s not a fantasy.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=UHmecy94z-M]Obama calls for civilian paramilitary force - YouTube[/ame]​

It’s funded in the Affordable Care Act:

4. sambino510

sambino510 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Do you really logically think that Obama placed a militia corps amendment into his HEALTH CARE bill?

Congress works like this. They take a bill about apples. Then they pass the bill around to all their co-workers and screw with it for awhile, and once they're done with it, the bill is about oranges. Bills almost never end up being what they started out as, at least not with some serious additions. I'm sure it was some Congressman or Congresswoman who said they wouldn't sign it unless the Ready Reserve Corps was added. Anyways, that's just my theory.

5. sambino510

sambino510 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I'm a millenial. Millenials are in college right now paying tens of thousands of dollars for an education that, forty years ago, was free for what I assume was your generation. And yet, it's all about us? I can't speak for all of my generation, and nor can you. There is no blanket statement that can be made about any group in our society. There is some givers, and some takers. But us "millenials" are not to be singled out as all that is wrong with the world.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. NLT

NLT Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,999
    I am on the tail end of the Baby Boomer Gen. and there has never been "Free" tution unless you served in the military "GI Bill" or got an academic or sports scholarship. The GI bill paid for me to get my degree and it took me 6 years to get it because I was on active duty. There has never been free tution.

7. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,407
    Don't even get me started on the fraud that is called AmeriCorps. Had to deal with them when I worked for the Red Cross. Welfare yuppies is a perfect description. Liberal activists bought and paid for with taxpayer money.

8. sambino510

sambino510 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Well I live in California and aside from various fees and things like books, I've always been told that tuition was more-or-less free pre-1970s. Then various laws were passed, namely Prop 13, which inadvertently took away some of the funding for education. At the very least, it was much, much cheaper, and it isn't simply inflation that accounts for that. It's some members of former generations that don't see the importance of investing in future generations' education.

Anyways, that wasn't the point of my reply. I just didn't like seeing millenials get singled out like they were some horrible group of garbage.

9. Moonglow

Moonglow Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40,655
    in 1979 I paid 21 dollars a credit hour at the U of Ok.That included the health fee and the athletics facility fee.

10. sambino510

sambino510 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Right, so basically, the tuition ITSELF was free and all you were paying for were various other fees they throw in. That's my impression anyways.