Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
[Not certain where else to post this]

Court could soon rule against net neutrality: Marvin Ammori
By Matt Cantor, Newser Staff

Posted Nov 9, 2013 1:05 PM CST

(Newser) –
A pending court decision could change the way the Internet works—and end the freedom now enjoyed by those who build it. The country's second-highest federal court is considering a case on net neutrality, the principle that says service providers like AT&T and Verizon can't discriminate against certain websites and apps, making them harder for users to access—in effect, adding "tollbooths, fast lanes, and dirt roads" to what was once an "information superhighway," Marvin Ammori explains at Wired.

I've watched this for some time and have a gut feeling that it won't be too much longer until the truth of this headline occur. Governments abhor the freedom of the internet as it allows people free access to information that they don't want. Not just in closed, tyrannical nations like Iran and China, but many more.

What can we do about it? I wish I knew. The politicians want these restraints as it will lengthen their own careers.

[Not certain where else to post this]

Court could soon rule against net neutrality: Marvin Ammori
By Matt Cantor, Newser Staff

Posted Nov 9, 2013 1:05 PM CST

(Newser) –
A pending court decision could change the way the Internet works—and end the freedom now enjoyed by those who build it. The country's second-highest federal court is considering a case on net neutrality, the principle that says service providers like AT&T and Verizon can't discriminate against certain websites and apps, making them harder for users to access—in effect, adding "tollbooths, fast lanes, and dirt roads" to what was once an "information superhighway," Marvin Ammori explains at Wired.

I've watched this for some time and have a gut feeling that it won't be too much longer until the truth of this headline occur. Governments abhor the freedom of the internet as it allows people free access to information that they don't want. Not just in closed, tyrannical nations like Iran and China, but many more.

What can we do about it? I wish I knew. The politicians want these restraints as it will lengthen their own careers.

I hope the internet is large enough that there is a work around.
These companies that innovate will just be holding themselves back because no one will want to deal with them.
I think too many people in congress will get letters if you touch their internet.

Forum List

Back