Your Favorite Guitar Solos

Jessica ~ The Allman Bros Band

I named my daughter for that song. On her 21st birthday, she and some friends saw Great Southern in concert. A friend of hers got a hold of a roady and told him the story.
Well, Betts gets all the way through the show and doesn't play Jessica. Of course, there's the clamor for an encore so Dicky comes back out and says he'll play one more if Jessica S. comes up on stage. She went up and he played facing her. She called me crying "Thank you, daddy."

Jessica ~ The Allman Bros Band

I named my daughter for that song. On her 21st birthday, she and some friends saw Great Southern in concert. A friend of hers got a hold of a roady and told him the story.
Well, Betts gets all the way through the show and doesn't play Jessica. Of course, there's the clamor for an encore so Dicky comes back out and says he'll play one more if Jessica S. comes up on stage. She went up and he played facing her. She called me crying "Thank you, daddy."

My gosh! That's one of the sweetest stories I've ever heard! :smile:

Two of my faves

(two solos, 1:45 and 3:16 -- tasteful execution)

And although it's cliché this one still wears so well... a three-part set, 3:05, runs exactly two minutes...

Forum List

Back