Your Army Today

It's taking too long to train people because there are too many courses on being politically correct. Don't look twice at a woman or you will be in big trouble!
Jackson, you little squeak, you may be right. Let's see the entire training schedule. In Basic Combat Training (9 weeks?), we had very few classes that did not have much to do with being a spit polish, barracks shine cleaning, PT lean, and weapons mean fighting machine.

Yeah, let's see the training schedule.

Hi all,
Any Vietnam era Marines on board? I served from 68-70 in Fox Co 2/7 1st Mar Div. Was wounded at Que Son Valley South of Danang. 0311 Rifleman Just wanted to see if anyone here is a kindred soul. In any case thanks for serving.
Shot At and Missed, Shit At and Hit

I was a grunt with Hotel 2/5 from September 66 to March 67. We were in Chu Lai, Tam Ky, the DMZ, Dong Ha, and An Hoa.

The Army has been PC'd down. In boot, they have a 'stress' card they carry in the front pocket. If the DI gets to hard on them, they pull the card. The DI has to back off at that point. Kind of like Obama's race card he played at every juncture

-Geaux

When I was in, it was called a TS Card.

If anyone had pulled such a card on Drill Sergeant Papke, he would have stuck it up the person's ass.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back