You go Girl! Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Plans Bill to Boost Top Individual Tax Rate to 59%

Discussion in 'Politics' started by The Purge, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Andylusion

Andylusion Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,827
    But that isn't what she wrote. At least it wasn't in the link that was posted. She said a yearly tax on unrealized gains. Meaning.... a tax on the capital gain, of an investment you have not sold yet.

So the prior poster is right.... what happens if you pay a huge tax on a unrealized capital gain, and the value drops before you sell it? Do you get a refund?

2. Andylusion

Andylusion Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,827
    True. I didn't vote for Trump, but these loony left-wingers, that want to "Pay for a school from a loss", and the nutty AOC gang..... I likely will vote Trump this coming election.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. rightwinger

rightwinger Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +104,523
    He did say that

4. Andylusion

Andylusion Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,827
    Honestly, he reminds me of a someone who owns a company, that someone else created. It's always the child of the business owner, whose father never had him really work for anything, that sits in the office saying "Yeah everyone else should pay $20/hour to empty the trash, and business owners should pay 70% tax rates".

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Winco

Winco Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    But Ray from Cleveland says you can't own Company C.
    It is Not Possible.
    He thinks competition would drive you out of business???? WTF are you talking about Ray?
    Ray is not very Bright.
    Ray will stick by his ignorant stance.

6. Frankeneinstein

Frankeneinstein Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,558
    The princess must first bludgeon the blue collar paycheck if she wants to justify stealing from others as well, i.e. to sell this she must go after the real target first [working class] and then demand to now why the working class should pay so much in taxes while the rich only pay billions...then she just has to yell sic'em to the base...
    ...the working class and the rich fight with each other...
    ...the blacks and whites fight with each other
    ...the citizens and the immigrants fight with each other...
    ...the white liberals seize power

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Andylusion

Andylusion Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,827
    If your house is in total shambles, and infested with roaches and bed bugs, and rats are scurrying around... and then you come to my house and find a single dirty dish, and start criticizing how I run my household.

I would say to you, don't come in my house and complain you don't like how it is run, when your house is a Superfund site. First go back to your own house, and show me how to do it, and then you can complain about how I do things.

But as long as your house is a junk yard, don't come here and complain you found a speck of dust on the floor.

Equally.... Trump said the same thing.

Trump+tweets2.jpg

He's dead on right. These people want to come here.... fine. These people want to live and work in the US.... great. But if you are going to come here, and tell us how our country works is so terrible..... while the countries you came here to escape from are utter and total disasters...... No.

If your system works so much better than ours, go back to your own country and show us how it's done. Show us how much better your system is, and then you can promote that system here.

Otherwise, you are full of crap! And well done to Trump for pointing it out.

But never just said, we don't want people from somewhere else here. He said if you are going to tell us our system is bad, first go fix your own system.

He was dead on right, too.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. xband

xband Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,851
    I have nothing to tax so AOC out of luck. AOC can tax my new Jeep more than it has already been taxed but walking ain't crowded.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  9. Andylusion

Andylusion Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,827
    No, he's right. You are the one that doesn't understand.

Do you know what rich people do with their profits? They invest them. And typically they invest them back into the company.

So you own Company C..... and I own Company A.

You have less money to invest, while I have more. I use that money to open a distribution center, or I buy new equipment that increase productivity. This lowers my costs, so I can charge the customers less than you do. I run you out of business. Now your employees that for a short time earned more, are now earning zero.

Well done.

Again... Steve Jobs in the 80s was kicked out of Apple. He walked away with $10 Million dollars. What did Steve Jobs do with the $10 Million? He invested it. 10 years later, out came Toy Story.

Was Pixar the only studio in the country making animated kids films? No. Of course not. How did a tiny 40 person animation studio, end up making a box office smash, that rocked other animated studios that had been around for decades longer?

Jobs invested $10 Million into Pixar. It was a long term investment. An investment Jobs could never have made, if didn't have the money to invest.

You ever heard of Pacific Data Images? They were a computer animation company. They don't exist anymore. Pixar does.

Now I am not going to suggest that it was exclusively Job's investment that made the difference.... but the point is... if the other companies executives or investors, build up their company which is competing against you.... you will be run out of business.

10. Ray From Cleveland

Ray From Cleveland Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39,607
    What's ignorant about it? You lefties thought that forcing industry to pay more than a worker was worth via unions was a fantastic idea. That was until businesses started leaving the states and even country to get the hell away from them.

I make widgets. I pay my workers $20.00 an hour. That means in order to pay my workers, make a profit for myself, and draw a paycheck, I need to charge $30.00 for each widget. Imported widest are much cheaper. Why? Because people in China don't make $20.00 an hour. They make $3.00 an hour. Therefore they can produce widgets, ship them to the US, and charge $15.00 a widget. How can I compete?

Two real choices here: I start hiring people for $12.00 each, or move out of the country where people will work for a tenth of the price I pay my workers.

The company I work for lost a hell of a lot of customers because they skipped town to get away from the unions. They had no choice really. It was move out of the state or country, or close shop and join their former workers in the unemployment line.

Let me give you an example of real ignorance: You pay your workers $100,000 a year to make widgets, and think you can stay in business with a competitor paying their workers $35,000 a year to make widgets. That's ignorance.