You are being 'adjusted' at this very moment

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
So, it seems that repeated internet use has not only changed the habits, lifestyle, work, and socialization of billions around the globe, it is reshaping our physical brains in order to make us more effecient users. We are literally being altered to fit this new reality.

Is this a brain blip? A phenomena? Does it leave you feeling entranced? Trespassed upon? Ohhhh.... it's like, um, what is that word? Actually, it's two... invoking and evoking. Some of us are not being caught unaware. Are you? The internet is not the only source, BTW.

Not a blip, a process that takes place whenever you learn, remember, or experience anything. The constant, repetitive activities that regular internet use involves change the physical structure of the brain and related functions. We are being reshaped like clay.

Not a blip, a process that takes place whenever you learn, remember, or experience anything. The constant, repetitive activities that regular internet use involves change the physical structure of the brain and related functions. We are being reshaped like clay.

Welcome to Co-evolution.

Our bodies will adapt to the environment to be better suited to it.

So, it seems that repeated internet use has not only changed the habits, lifestyle, work, and socialization of billions around the globe, it is reshaping our physical brains in order to make us more effecient users. We are literally being altered to fit this new reality.

I'm have protection.

tin-foil-hat-tinfoilhat-aliens-cubicle-demotivational-poster-1259327131.jpg

No doubt true, for someone who has their face in a cell phone constantly or plays computer games obsessively. That phenomenon of brain "rewiring" is also well known through MRI studies for chess masters, Zen monks, etc.

I don’t know, I’ve watched idiots posting the same crap on forums for decades without any sign of having ever learnt anything.

We are evolving based on our environments. Not all mutations are good necessarily. Consider the poodle. It’s an expensive breed so it’s characteristics give it an edge now but if humans were to disappear poodles would be fucked.

And one day if all technology were to disappear humans may also be helpless.

We are evolving based on our environments. Not all mutations are good necessarily. Consider the poodle. It’s an expensive breed so it’s characteristics give it an edge now but if humans were to disappear poodles would be fucked.
What makes you imagine evolution continues to work as it once did? Take for instance human intervention in the process. The standard poodle is now one of the most unpredictably vicious dogs, and unintended bi-product of our selective intervention. So called genetic algorithms used in armed drone swarms (who experience no pain or pleasure) may be claimed to be evolving but what they are about to become has little if anything to do with evolution.

What makes you imagine evolution continues to work as it once did? Take for instance human intervention in the process. The standard poodle is now one of the most unpredictably vicious dogs, and unintended bi-product of our selective intervention. So called genetic algorithms used in armed drone swarms (who experience no pain or pleasure) may be claimed to be evolving but what they are about to become has little if anything to do with evolution.
Evolution is at play with all living things. It’s happening. I don’t know if it’s happening “as it once did” or what that even means. Makes me think you don’t understand what evolution is. Or that you deny evolution is real. Is that it?

Speak for yourself.

Evolution is at play with all living things. It’s happening. I don’t know if it’s happening “as it once did” or what that even means. Makes me think you don’t understand what evolution is. Or that you deny evolution is real. Is that it?
Makes me think you have no idea what a genetic (not generic) algorithm is.
Read Arthur Koestler’s ‘The Ghost in the Machine’ if you really want to find out where evolution went off the track.

I don’t know, I’ve watched idiots posting the same crap on forums for decades without any sign of having ever learnt anything.

Are you a Brit? Most Americans would have leaned, not learnt.

Forum List

Back