Yes...the left wants your car too.......

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yes....they are getting active against you and your car.......give them time...

Liberals Want Your Car Keys, by Daniel Gelernter, National Review

he cover story of Time’s March 7 issue makes “the increasingly compelling case for why you shouldn’t be allowed to drive,” claiming that computerized cars are (or, it is hoped, will be) safer drivers than humans, and so the logical thing is to ban humans from driving altogether. The plan is simple and familiar: First you use behavioral economics (higher taxes) to discourage a certain behavior — think of smoking — and once it’s gotten really unpopular, you ban it. Before you know it, you can’t smoke in Central Park.

In one of the sillier arguments I’ve encountered in print this decade, Time author Matt Vella notes that “there is no ‘right to drive’ enshrined in the U.S. Constitution.” Last time I checked, it was enshrined right next to the right to breathe and the right to wear socks.

I'm looking forward to not having to drive myself. I can banter here as I am driven around. Happy days.

Think of it as an elevator, that goes backwards and forwards. Same principle, no human action needed beyond pressing a button.

I'm looking forward to not having to drive myself. I can banter here as I am driven around. Happy days.

Think of it as an elevator, that goes backwards and forwards. Same principle, now human action needed beyond pressing a button.
you cant talk and drive at the same time?.....

Think of it as an elevator, that goes backwards and forwards. Same principle, now human action needed beyond pressing a button.
I try not to actually. Driving should be my full task at that moment. That's best.

In another thread you claimed the shooting in Pittsburgh wasn't getting any coverage, even though it's been the top story on every news site in America, but one guy from Time's magazine says something and now "liberals want your cars". You are a hoot. :lol:

How many computer glitches you had on USMB? Now imagine that happening to your car...

he cover story of Time’s March 7 issue makes “the increasingly compelling case for why you shouldn’t be allowed to drive,” claiming that computerized cars are (or, it is hoped, will be) safer drivers than humans, and so the logical thing is to ban humans from driving altogether. The plan is simple and familiar: First you use behavioral economics (higher taxes) to discourage a certain behavior — think of smoking — and once it’s gotten really unpopular, you ban it. Before you know it, you can’t smoke in Central Park.

In one of the sillier arguments I’ve encountered in print this decade, Time author Matt Vella notes that “there is no ‘right to drive’ enshrined in the U.S. Constitution.” Last time I checked, it was enshrined right next to the right to breathe and the right to wear socks.

Never gonna happen here. I won't even accept autonomic transmission -- for the same reason.

When the OP says "the left" he means self driving cars. I guess the left wanted your right to parallel park a few years back with self parking cars too

Think of it as an elevator, that goes backwards and forwards. Same principle, no human action needed beyond pressing a button.

Elevators of course have lots of scenery and options for where they go to upon the operator's demand, on any of thousands of shafts that go everywhere.

Oh wait.

When the OP says "the left" he means self driving cars. I guess the left wanted your right to parallel park a few years back with self parking cars too

Clearly the left invented trains. It was a good plan until the right invented cars.

I'm pretty sure the left also invented bondage and S&M, while the right invented forests, oceans, canyons, blue skies and I think puppies.

Never gonna happen here. I won't even accept autonomic transmission -- for the same reason.

I have a manual and automatic. I love that manual tho

I try not to actually. Driving should be my full task at that moment. That's best.
how about walking and chewing gum?.....hey just asking.....

how about walking and chewing gum?.....hey just asking.....
When walking I usually smoke. and talk.

Forum List

Back