Yes, 97%

Funny you should mention that...the models that climate science is using depict the earth as a flat disk which doesn't rotate and is 4 times further away from the earth than it actually is.

Erm, exactly which model is it that depicts the Earth as being 4 times further away from THE EARTH than it actually is?

Any model based on trenberth's energy budget...in other words...all of them.

I suspect you are referring to the factor of 4 used in the calculation of solar energy received by the Earth's sphere? You failed geometry, didn't you

ps: the calculation is not Trenberth's. It predates him by a few thousand years.

Not at all...my statement stands. You on the other hand can't even read the simplest of graphs.

My question still stands: "Erm, exactly which model is it that depicts the Earth as being 4 times further away from THE EARTH than it actually is?" Exactly how can the Earth be ANY distance away from itself? :confused-84:

the 100+ years of detailed obsevation and experimentation has led to exquisite understanding of the properties of light.

Really...show me the proof of photons? No proof of photons...no evidence that science has anything like an exquisite understanding of light. Lets see it.

your 150 year old definition of the second law of thermodynamics is correct in a general way but does not incorporate the knowledge of the microscopic interactions that we know to exist today. Newton's F=ma is a reasonable description of everyday physics but we know it to be wrong today.

You believe in an unmeasurable, untestable, unobservable mathematical model...I don't.

Have you figured out yet if a satellite in orbit can take a picture of the Earth's sunlit side?
And if so, why doesn't that violate your version of the 2nd Law?

the 100+ years of detailed obsevation and experimentation has led to exquisite understanding of the properties of light.

Really...show me the proof of photons? No proof of photons...no evidence that science has anything like an exquisite understanding of light. Lets see it.

your 150 year old definition of the second law of thermodynamics is correct in a general way but does not incorporate the knowledge of the microscopic interactions that we know to exist today. Newton's F=ma is a reasonable description of everyday physics but we know it to be wrong today.

You believe in an unmeasurable, untestable, unobservable mathematical model...I don't.

Have you figured out yet if a satellite in orbit can take a picture of the Earth's sunlit side?

Second Law of Thermodynamics

It is not possible for heat to flow from a colder body to a warmer body without any work having been done to accomplish this flow. Energy will not flow spontaneously from a low temperature object to a higher temperature object.

Here, one apparently closer to your grade level

Physics4Kids.com Thermodynamics Heat Second Law of Thermodynamics

Heat flows from hot areas to cold, not the other way. If its energy is to flow from cold to hot, it needs additional energy.

Second Law of Thermodynamics - Physics Video by Brightstorm

he Second Law of Thermodynamics can be rephrased in several ways. Fundamentally, it says that heat always flows from hot objects to cold objects (unless work is exerted to make it flow the other direction).

The application of the second law describes why heat is transferred from the hot object to the cool object. Let us assume that the heat is transferred from the hot object (object 1) at temperature T1 to the cold object (object 2) at temperature T2. The amount of heat transferred is Q and the final equilibrium temperature for both objects we will call Tf. The temperature of the hot object changes as the heat is transferred away from the object. The average temperature of the hot object during the process we will call Th and it would be the average of T1 and Tf.

Th = (T1 + Tf) / 2

Similarly, for the cold object, the final temperature is Tf and the average temperature during the process is Tc which is the average of Tf and T2.

Tc = (T2 + Tf) / 2

Th will always be greater than Tc, because T1 is greater than T2.

Th > Tc

Note the one way equations...[/QUOTE]

It is not possible for heat to flow from a colder body to a warmer body without any work having been done to accomplish this flow. Energy will not flow spontaneously from a low temperature object to a higher temperature object.

Here, one apparently closer to your grade level

Physics4Kids.com Thermodynamics Heat Second Law of Thermodynamics

Heat flows from hot areas to cold, not the other way. If its energy is to flow from cold to hot, it needs additional energy.

Second Law of Thermodynamics - Physics Video by Brightstorm

he Second Law of Thermodynamics can be rephrased in several ways. Fundamentally, it says that heat always flows from hot objects to cold objects (unless work is exerted to make it flow the other direction).

The application of the second law describes why heat is transferred from the hot object to the cool object. Let us assume that the heat is transferred from the hot object (object 1) at temperature T1 to the cold object (object 2) at temperature T2. The amount of heat transferred is Q and the final equilibrium temperature for both objects we will call Tf. The temperature of the hot object changes as the heat is transferred away from the object. The average temperature of the hot object during the process we will call Th and it would be the average of T1 and Tf.

Th = (T1 + Tf) / 2

Similarly, for the cold object, the final temperature is Tf and the average temperature during the process is Tc which is the average of Tf and T2.

Tc = (T2 + Tf) / 2

Th will always be greater than Tc, because T1 is greater than T2.

Th > Tc

Note the one way equations...

Is that a yes or a no?

Note the one way equations...

I've noticed your simplistic confusion about physics.

What is the temperature of the light source?

Is the light source warmer than the camera? You just get more slow all the time...frustration and desperation to avoid defeat can do that to you...or so I have heard. Personally, I tend not to engage in battles I am not sure I have won before I even begin....like this one...as evidenced by your continued failure to provide the observed measured example of energy moving from cool to warm....

You know, you might consider the question of wavelength and frequency....picture a radiator radiating out at 70 µm into an atmosphere of 100% CO2....Is any of that energy absorbed by the CO2?

Is the light source warmer than the camera? You just get more slow all the time...frustration and desperation to avoid defeat can do that to you...or so I have heard. Personally, I tend not to engage in battles I am not sure I have won before I even begin....like this one...as evidenced by your continued failure to provide the observed measured example of energy moving from cool to warm....

You know, you might consider the question of wavelength and frequency....picture a radiator radiating out at 70 µm into an atmosphere of 100% CO2....Is any of that energy absorbed by the CO2?

About 5500C

Is the light source warmer than the camera?

Yes, the sun is warmer than the camera.

You just get more slow all the time

I'm trying to take it slow, hoping you finally catch up.

as evidenced by your continued failure to provide the observed measured example of energy moving from cool to warm....

Or your failure to say whether a satellite in orbit can take a picture of the Earth's sunlit side.

Funny you should mention that...the models that climate science is using depict the earth as a flat disk which doesn't rotate and is 4 times further away from the earth than it actually is.

Erm, exactly which model is it that depicts the Earth as being 4 times further away from THE EARTH than it actually is?

I suspect you are referring to the factor of 4 used in the calculation of solar energy received by the Earth's sphere? You failed geometry, didn't you

ps: the calculation is not Trenberth's. It predates him by a few thousand years.

Not at all...my statement stands. You on the other hand can't even read the simplest of graphs.

My question still stands: "Erm, exactly which model is it that depicts the Earth as being 4 times further away from THE EARTH than it actually is?" Exactly how can the Earth be ANY distance away from itself? :confused-84:

Bump. You have still not responded to my query.

Bump. You have still not responded to my query.

It probably involves his smart waves.
I'm sure he'll pull an answer out of his ass soon.

He never would address the way that LEDs destroy his wacky theory. He just pretends the takedown never happened.

That is, if an LED is cool, its light should not be able to illuminate a warmer object. But it does illuminate such objects.

And saying "But the itty-bitty light emitting parts inside of the LED are hot!" is clearly false. If the LED was hot, it would be emitting a continuous radiation spectrum of light in the visible spectrum, in accordance with Planck's law. It does not. Therefore, the LED is absolutely positively not hot.

And therefore, SSDD's theory craters hard. He knows it, but will never admit it, because he'd also have to admit his entire religion was bogus.

He never would address the way that LEDs destroy his wacky theory. He just pretends the takedown never happened.

That is, if an LED is cool, its light should not be able to illuminate a warmer object. But it does illuminate such objects.

And saying "But the itty-bitty light emitting parts inside of the LED are hot!" is clearly false. If the LED was hot, it would be emitting a continuous radiation spectrum of light in the visible spectrum, in accordance with Planck's law. It does not. Therefore, the LED is absolutely positively not hot.

And therefore, SSDD's theory craters hard. He knows it, but will never admit it, because he'd also have to admit his entire religion was bogus.

Guess you just can't grasp why an LED would need such an enormous heat sink....sorry you are so stupid...testament to the failing educational system.

Or your failure to say whether a satellite in orbit can take a picture of the Earth's sunlit side.

If the sunlit side of the earth is reflecting light from a heat source far warmer than the camera, why do you think it is a mystery?...Energy obviously moving from warm to cool. Now perhaps you could explain why if you get on the other side of the satellite and move towards the sun, you would reach a point where you could no longer see the satellite and eventually reach a point where the earth itself would no longer be visible.

Are you saying that if I move close enough to the sun, I will no longer be able to see the Earth? Would you care to explain that?

If the sunlit side of the earth is reflecting light from a heat source far warmer than the camera, why do you think it is a mystery?...Energy obviously moving from warm to cool. Now perhaps you could explain why if you get on the other side of the satellite and move towards the sun, you would reach a point where you could no longer see the satellite and eventually reach a point where the earth itself would no longer be visible.

It can take a picture, or it can't?
Can it take an infrared picture of the sunlit side?
Do you feel infrared is reflected light from the sun?

Guess you just can't grasp why an LED would need such an enormous heat sink....sorry you are so stupid...testament to the failing educational system.

I have LED lighting all through my apartment, and none of them emit much heat. Neither does my LED monitor on my laptop (which is very bright). You really do have a lot of space between your ears.

you really should do some basic research. incandescent bulbs are the only ones that follow the whole Planck Curve/ temperature defines radiation thing. they produce some visible light but waste most of the energy used in IR. flourescent tubes excite molecular electrons and only a few bands of radiation are predominantly produced when the electrons fall to ground state, there is no smooth Planck curve. LEDs use the quantum/transistor technology where an electron dropping into the 'hole' produces a blue photon. the blue photons are used to excite phosphorus and give off white light.

God I love when Ian comes in here for a cup of coffee every so often and in one fell swoop, nukes the AGW nutters shit!!!:2up:

Just goes to show how beyond gone these AGW freaks are.......they claim to be staunch environmentalists.........but on the subject of mercury? Their attitude is "meh".

fucking phonies........

Mercury vaccines autism more fraud at the CDC Jon Rappoport s Blog

Last edited:

It can take a picture, or it can't?
Can it take an infrared picture of the sunlit side?
Do you feel infrared is reflected light from the sun?

you really should do some basic research. incandescent bulbs are the only ones that follow the whole Planck Curve/ temperature defines radiation thing

You missed the point badly there ... oh wait, I missed the point, as you were addressing SSDD. Sorry about that, it's hard to follow the edits sometimes. Let me just resummarize for SSDD.

SSDD claims the bits inside the LED which are emitting the light are actually white-hot, which is why the LED can illuminate a hot object.

There's nothing magical about LED matter that gives it an exemption to Planck's law. If that LED matter actually is white-hot, then it will have the same kind of Planck curve as a white-hot tungsten filament.

The LED, however, does not have such an emission curve. Therefore, it is absolutely, positively not hot.

SSDD always tries to weasel away from that irrefutable point by whining about heat sinks, but that's a red herring. The LED bits don't have the Planck curve of a hot object, therefore they are not hot. Period. End of story.

And since the light from that cool LED can illuminate a hot object, SSDD's "energy can't flow from cool to hot" theory is decisively refuted.

Last edited:
Just goes to show how beyond gone these AGW freaks are.......they claim to be staunch environmentalists.........but on the subject of mercury? Their attitude is "meh".

fucking phonies........

Skook, is there a even single moron conspiracy theory anywhere that you haven't fallen for?

You're just a profoundly stupid human being. And there's nothing wrong with that, as long as you know your limits. There is, however, something wrong with your belligerent ignorance, which is inexcusable.

So, any other other deniers want to hop on skook's "Vaccines cause autism!" idiot bandwagon?

fucking phonies........

Skook, is there a even single moron conspiracy theory anywhere that you haven't fallen for?

You're just a profoundly stupid human being. And there's nothing wrong with that, as long as you know your limits. There is, however, something wrong with your belligerent ignorance, which is inexcusable.

So, any other other deniers want to hop on skook's "Vaccines cause autism!" idiot bandwagon?

Hey......the "official report" is always correct, isnt it s0n??!!:2up: Like on 9/11??!!!:eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Oh.........and after all, mercury is a very benign substance!!:beer:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back