Yad VaShem honors HUOs (Righteous Gentiles)

Lipush

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2012
Where the wild things are
I was there for the first time in the summer of 2010. Incredible the way it was built and designed. Seeing the ACTUAL railroad tracks that were used by trains to ship Jews off to camps was extremely Erie !

The Yad Vashem Holocaust memorial organization will open a new exhibit Wednesday focused on the “Righteous of the Nations,” non-Jews who saved Jews’ lives during the Holocaust.

Diplomats and Holocaust survivors whose lives were saved by non-Jews will be among those at the opening ceremony.

New Yad Vashem Exhibit Honors Rightous Non-Jews - Jewish World - News - Israel National News

----------------

:clap2:

Its sad that we are losing these people to time every day that passes. Soon there will be none of them left, but at least other people are making the effort to make sure they are not forgotten.

How do you wrap your mind around such an atrocity like the Holocaust? My God in Heaven, the vastness of the tragedy defies understanding and logic. And to think, that even today, there are those that would deny that it ever happened. All one needs to do is to stand at the gates of Auschwitz, Bergen-Belzin, or Dachau and you can literally feel the pain suffered by the Jews and all of those who walked through those gates.

We as a nation, must NEVER forget! We must steel ourselves to the goal of NEVER, NEVER again! I have had the rare and unforgettable opportunity to sit with a woman who still bore the tatooed number on her forearm. And even though she was 80-something at the time that I spoke to her, the pain of having her entire family wiped out in the gas chambers was seared into her memory. The faces of the Nazi's as they herded people toward their fate a memory as clear as anything.

May God comfort the Jewish people and I hope that they know in their heart that there are those of us who will stand with them!

Forum List

Back