Y2Kyoto: 'Snowfalls are now just a thing of the past'

Dear Weatherman2020 the Global Warming
arguments cover both extremes, where hot condtions get hotter
and cold conditions get colder. It's not just about the hotter
conditions but all conditions becoming more extreme.

The REAL issue with GW is how much is natural
and outside human control and activity.

We can all agree that the climate is going to fluctuate,
and go through ages and stages as throughout history.

What isn't being represented accurately is how much
is by natural causes, such as volcanic activity,
and how little would be changed by things we can do.

Different sources pointed out to me that just the widespread
effects of "tilling soil" to grow enough food to feed the populations
produces more of these effects than we could stop or else
people would starve to death.

And estimated that of the 20 percent of the effects
that are attributed to human activity, only 2 percent
would change if we did all the reforms on production.
The other 80 percent is due to natural causes.
And even if we changed and did the maximum
we could do to reduce emissions that would only
impact 2 percent of the 20 attributed to manmade causes.

So that is why this isn't going to be solved by
attacking "global warming" as manmade production issues.
The changes we'd have to make would not sustain the
population and still would not have an impact
compared to the natural causes.

What envrionmentalists should focus on instead
is reducing pollution and waste, increasing preservation
and restoration, and increasing quality of life and health.
That we can agree on. And get more done than
arguing about what we can't agree on or change.

we've had a crazy winter this year.... 20 inches more snowfall than our average this year.... a huge 'snow year' but the ground is brown, no snow piled up, because we've had freaky warm weather following the snow storms.....I'm used to seeing a white ground all winter, even with nearly 2 feet less in our winter snowfall numbers....

5 days in February were nearly 50 degrees....a first for us and we've been here 12 years.....

the warmer it is, the more snow we get....though it may not stick around....

My wild apple trees are loving all the watering from the snow melts.... and we should have a 'fruitful' season with lots of apples this year....the deer will be very happy! :)

A cooling world... and they ignore anything that doesn't add up to CAGW...
...two more who don't understand the difference between climate iand weather.
LOL

As a meteorologist and someone who is an atmospheric physicist I can assure you that we both have a very good grasp on this. Pointing out that the alarmists are doing this very thing (claiming weather events are caused by AGW) is funny, because we get to watch the hypocrites come out of the wood work.

we've had a crazy winter this year.... 20 inches more snowfall than our average this year.... a huge 'snow year' but the ground is brown, no snow piled up, because we've had freaky warm weather following the snow storms.....I'm used to seeing a white ground all winter, even with nearly 2 feet less in our winter snowfall numbers....

5 days in February were nearly 50 degrees....a first for us and we've been here 12 years.....

My wild apple trees are loving all the watering from the snow melts.... and we should have a 'fruitful' season with lots of apples this year....the deer will be very happy! :)
And yet you can not identify the mechanism or cause of the shift in weather patterns. You can not even identify if it is naturally caused or if man has had even a cursory impact...

People who do not understand the physical proprieties of the atmosphere or how energy flows or why it flows like it does by empirical evidence make erroneous assumptions as to cause.

And yet you can not identify the mechanism or cause of the shift in weather patterns. You can not even identify if it is naturally caused or if man has had even a cursory impact...

People who do not understand the physical proprieties of the atmosphere or how energy flows or why it flows like it does by empirical evidence make erroneous assumptions as to cause.
Humans only started to figure it out in WWII...

I don't care what causes it.... I just know it seems to be happening in the long term....

And believe we need to take steps to prepare for "it" happening, because it is inevitable at this point.... whether partially man made or NOT.

I think cities on the coast and people in general on the coast need to start now, to prepare for the sea rise, especially in storms....

Start lifting up the cities and roads or start shifting them inland on government paid infrastructure projects, no more new City Halls being rebuilt on the existing low land, or when renovating parts of our highways as they come due, raise them higher by 3 feet....or cities making the hard choice of using their taxes to put up dikes or taller sea walls and any number of things that are the beginnings of preparing us for the future and not just the easy fix or repair..... We need to "think smart" on how we are spending our tax dollars on infrastructure imo!

Silly Billy, you burger flippin' liar, you are neither a meteorologist nor an atmospheric physicist. And here is the explanation for the very strange weather that we are seeing last year and this year. From a real Phd meteorologist, that predicted all of this in 2012.

I don't care what causes it.... I just know it seems to be happening in the long term....

And believe we need to take steps to prepare for "it" happening, because it is inevitable at this point.... whether partially man made or NOT.

I think cities on the coast and people in general on the coast need to start now, to prepare for the sea rise, especially in storms....

Start lifting up the cities and roads or start shifting them inland on government paid infrastructure projects, no more new City Halls being rebuilt on the existing low land, or when renovating parts of our highways as they come due, raise them higher by 3 feet....or cities making the hard choice of using their taxes to put up dikes or taller sea walls and any number of things that are the beginnings of preparing us for the future and not just the easy fix or repair..... We need to "think smart" on how we are spending our tax dollars on infrastructure imo!
We have already increased the CO2 in the atmosphere to over 400+ ppm, and the CH4 to over 1850+ ppb. These levels have not been seen for millions of years. And when there was that level of GHGs in the atmosphere, there were no continental ice caps on Greenland or Antarctica. CO2 has a residence time in the atmosphere of hundreds of years, so we are committed to some major changes with just the amount that is already in the atmosphere. We can prepare for the inevitable changes in sea level and climate now, or we can wait and watch the infrastructure destroyed faster than we can replace it.

Weather is...highly variable. But overall, the climate is changing towards variants that are become the new "norm". The extremes and fluctuation that vary from dry hot to cold wet, isn't a fluke, Man made factors are driving climate changes, and rational people understand that.

gfs_nh-sat2_t2_1-day.png

Well now, looks like Wales is back to normal. In other words, a winter storm, like many more the normally temperate zones are going to experience as the jet stream slows and wobbles further north and south. As Wales was getting clobbered, there were areas north of the arctic circle that were well above freezing, like over 50 F above normal.

Silly Billy, you burger flippin' liar, you are neither a meteorologist nor an atmospheric physicist. And here is the explanation for the very strange weather that we are seeing last year and this year. From a real Phd meteorologist, that predicted all of this in 2012.

fake

Thousands of meteorologists and scientists strongly disagree.:113:

You cant only highlight the predictions that went right.........because so many of these bozo's have gotten the predictions wrong.:04: We know that.

Dear Weatherman2020 the Global Warming
arguments cover both extremes, where hot condtions get hotter
and cold conditions get colder. It's not just about the hotter
conditions but all conditions becoming more extreme.

The REAL issue with GW is how much is natural
and outside human control and activity.

We can all agree that the climate is going to fluctuate,
and go through ages and stages as throughout history.

What isn't being represented accurately is how much
is by natural causes, such as volcanic activity,
and how little would be changed by things we can do.

Different sources pointed out to me that just the widespread
effects of "tilling soil" to grow enough food to feed the populations
produces more of these effects than we could stop or else
people would starve to death.

And estimated that of the 20 percent of the effects
that are attributed to human activity, only 2 percent
would change if we did all the reforms on production.
The other 80 percent is due to natural causes.
And even if we changed and did the maximum
we could do to reduce emissions that would only
impact 2 percent of the 20 attributed to manmade causes.

So that is why this isn't going to be solved by
attacking "global warming" as manmade production issues.
The changes we'd have to make would not sustain the
population and still would not have an impact
compared to the natural causes.

What envrionmentalists should focus on instead
is reducing pollution and waste, increasing preservation
and restoration, and increasing quality of life and health.
That we can agree on. And get more done than
arguing about what we can't agree on or change.
So average snowfall accumulations are due to manmade global warming too! :lmao:

Forum List

Back