WW II Marine veteran in intensive care

Gadawg73

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2009
Georgia
My father, former Marine Captain veteran of Saipan and Okinawa, is in intensive care in Lee Memorial in Fort Myers, Fla. Age 88. I M flying there on an early flight tomorrow. His doctors have informed me it is time for the family to gather.
I M 1 PROUD son and American.
Semper Fidelis.

Best of luck to your father....you should be very proud of him.

We sure are!

Best wishes to you and your family

Last edited:
My father, former Marine Captain veteran of Saipan and Okinawa, is in intensive care in Lee Memorial in Fort Myers, Fla. Age 88. I M flying there on an early flight tomorrow. His doctors have informed me it is time for the family to gather.
Semper Fidelis.

Go with God and know our prayers are with you and your family at this time of need. God Bless you and if your father is still there, thank him for me and ask him to say hello to my father and uncles, also vets of WWII, when he gets there.

Semper Fidelis.

You should be proud!
My prayers are with you and your Father. :eusa_pray: I salute him. Tell him Thank you, for me!

My Uncle died in Okinawa

Gadawg, I am sorry your father is so ill. You and yours will be in my thoughts.

godspeed_brushes_by_axeraider70.jpg

Last edited:
you have some long days ahead of you...may the fates and muses be kind...may he pass quickly and quietly into the arms of those waiting....and may you find peace....

Semper Fidelis.

My father is also 88 this September.

I am dreading such a call as you just got.

Knowing my father, if he's conscious, he won't allow his doctors to make it.

Tough old salt that man is.

Merchant marine in the North Atlantic and Med from 40 through 45. Got blow off his vessel by a shell from a NAZI sub one time, got sunk twice.

Finally got his veterans benefits in the 80s as I recall it.

Those guys got screwed.

Semper Fidelis.

I would like to thiink that in another demension, the muster call has gone out to his other family, His Marines are getting ready to welcome him aboard
I wish you strength in what is a hard time to pass

I truly sympathize with your situation. Losing your father is more heart wrenching than words can describe. I would say be strong, but in times like these it is often better for the soul to let it go.

The old Marine died Memorial Day at 2:30 pm at Gulf Coast Hospital in Fort Myers, Florida.
He went peacefully and without pain. He waited until Monday so he could be with his buddies to celebrate Memorial Day.
Thanks to everyone. Damn it, I am going to miss him.

he passed knowing he was loved...something most of us just hope for....

sorry you lost your dad..thats a hard pill esp with fathers day just around the corner....you can spend it with me...its always a werid day for me

Forum List

Back