wtf - Rush Arrested

I just am not the fan of Rush that most conservatives are. Propaganda dosen't impress me. I just think it is an embarrasment for him to have been sooooo outspoken about this particular subject through the years and then get caught with his pants down around his ankles.

Rush is OK. He means well. He obviously has gotton addicted to these painkillers. That is not the problem to me. When you live in the public eye the way he does, have an event take place like the rehab thing, tell the public you are cured and that nothing like that will happen again and then..............................................

Oh well Rushter! I hate it for you!

I hope Larry Elder gets his airtime slot.

jillian said:
Isn't Rush the one who said all drug addicts should go to jail for life?

The fact that you are trying to make the same points after your own quotes disprove your argument and have been shown to disprove your argument is simply astounding.

Rush's declaration that Drug dealers should be prosecuted is irrelevant. Rush isn't a drug dealer.

Nor is Rush's statements that society is excusing these people on the basis that they cant help it valid. He never used that excuse for himself. Nor did he claim that it was because he was genetically disposed to drug addiction he should be excused. He merely admitted he had a problem and fixed it. He never made excuses for himself.

Now I know you dislike Rush, but if you are going to criticize him for being hypocritical, you need to produce statements where he actually says what you claim he does.

jillian said:
What? Have compassion for other addicts?

Like I said...I think he should get what he wanted for others.

Um Jillian. He did. He said addicts shouldnt use such things as an excuse, and He didnt.

He said drug dealers should go to jail. In order to get what he wanted for them on himself, HE HAS TO DEAL DRUGS.

I can't figure out this is so hard for you.

dilloduck said:
Some people don't like Rushs' manner of exaggeration and bragadocio to make a point. Some can't even understand it. Any way--he will probably end up paying more that any first time offender so I guess you can cheer for his misfortune. Seems a bit lacking in compassion tho.

Since when does the left care about compassion?

All they care about is the appearance of compassion.

jillian said:
Isn't Rush the one who said all drug addicts should go to jail for life?

Nope. He said that Drug Dealers should go up the river... And since about 1995 Rush has promoted rehab over prison for addicts. You shouldn't listen only to Lefty Pundits....

jillian said:
What? Have compassion for other addicts?

Like I said...I think he should get what he wanted for others.

LOL. You take two segments out of context and suggest that this is the whole of his opinion on this matter? That is rubbish. You took those segments from a lefty blogspot or from moveon as well. It is ridiculous to judge statements by Rush that way. He exaggerates often to make his points. As I have stated, since about 1995 Rush Limbaugh has promoted rehab over prison on his show. That they have to go back to 1995 to find statements like this at all should make you a bit skeptical about the accuracy of their "findings" on his opinion.

Forum List

Back