WTF is this?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Barb, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Barb

Barb Carpe Scrotum

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,586
    Home of the free? What are we funding?

WalkFree.org

This isn't the first I heard of this, there were 2 men who testified before congress about Philippine nationals told they were going to well paid positions in Dubai, only to find themselves working on our embassy in Iraq.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evRPwwyno_c]Hearing on US Embassy in Iraq: Mayberry's Opening - YouTube[/ame]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,884
    Granny says, "An dey wonder why we got a deficit...
    :eek:
    U.S. Audit: $200M Wasted on Iraqi Police Training
    July 30, 2012 — U.S. auditors have concluded that more than $200 million was wasted on a program to train Iraqi police that Baghdad says is neither needed nor wanted.
    See also:

Millions lost in Afghan reconstruction: US watchdog
    30 July`12 - Millions of dollars in US funds have been lost due to poor planning and workmanship in projects to help rebuild Afghanistan and billions more could be at risk, according to a US watchdog.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  3. Interpol

Interpol Radical Centrist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +731
    Just be patient, everyone, the oil is gonna pay for everything.....

LOL

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  4. DGS49

DGS49 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,256
    All "wars" result in several different varieties of "feeding frenzies," so while these examples are appalling, we shouldn't be surprised.

There is a large population of Bastards, comprised mainly of ex-military, ex-government, former elected officials and their hirelings, who have made an art of sucking the Government's enormous teats. They feed on non-competitve government contracts for commodities, services, and "consultants." Because the government is in an "emergency" situation, the normal rules on competitive bidding are waived, and these Bastards prevail on their friends in Congress, regulatory agencies and government procurement offices to get awards of these sometimes-multimillion dollar contracts. And of course the reason why these in-Government folks are so happy to comply is because they hope to be in the same situation themselves within a few years, after they retire from government or military positions.

I spent five years in the '70's in DoD procurement, and I ran into these people occasionally when I had to go to DC on business. I saw million dollar consulting contracts go to people who had recently retired and honestly were only marginally competent anyway. I saw services contracts for work on Navy ships going to companies owned by government retirees, and the "services" could easily have been done by the sailors on the ships in their spare time. I used to walk out of meetings with these blood-suckers and couldn't wait to get back to my hotel so I could take a shower.

And it doesn't matter which Party is in power or who is in office; this is a never-ending tidal wave of taxpayer money being funnelled to an army of people whose whole existence is based on the exploitation of the taxpayer.

It's not for nothing that the real estate market in and around D.C. has never taken a hit. You are all paying for it.

5. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,683
    Iraq was invaded for the Military Industrial Complex and nothing more. That should be clear to more people by now.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1