WTF is a THOUGHT CRIMES BILL????????

UM GUNNY........................the damned gubment hasn't been able to get out of it's own way..................did you read the text of this hideous monster............please do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eusa_wall:

UM GUNNY........................the damned gubment hasn't been able to get out of it's own way..................did you read the text of this hideous monster............please do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eusa_wall:

I read the text of the bill and it is a very dangerous piece of legislation. It is a pre-emptive strike against any civic organizations because they coul become radical.

If it is passed, and it looks as though it will, forums like this messageboard will become traps for those of us who feel that it is okay to speak freely and express our opinions.

And by the way, your signature quote is supposed to be "A nods as good as a wink to a blind bat."

I read the text of the bill and it is a very dangerous piece of legislation. It is a pre-emptive strike against any civic organizations because they coul become radical.

If it is passed, and it looks as though it will, forums like this messageboard will become traps for those of us who feel that it is okay to speak freely and express our opinions.

And by the way, your signature quote is supposed to be "A nods as good as a wink to a blind bat."

TAO it's so much more than dangerous in almost any hands or situation............that it's totally unconscionable that it's even considered IN ANYWHERE BUT NAZI GERMANY, let alone passed in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA..................if it's passed as stated EVERYONE BETTER HIDE OR LOCK AND LOAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

And please don't tight ass my sig, if you think mine's wrong USE YOURS!:eusa_shifty: :eusa_whistle:

TAO it's so much more than dangerous in almost any hands or situation............that it's totally unconscionable that it's even considered IN ANYWHERE BUT NAZI GERMANY, let alone passed in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA..................if it's passed as stated EVERYONE BETTER HIDE OR LOCK AND LOAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

And please don't tight ass my sig, if you think mine's wrong USE YOURS!:eusa_shifty: :eusa_whistle:

I agree, and we are heading for some serious shit down the road here. Especially if a person like Mitt Romney is elected.

And I am a Monty Python fan so I did not mean to insult you.

What the fuck is a Frush?

fashion_maxim_tees_2.jpg

How Americans are not outraged at this bill, and flooding their congresspeople with calls, emails, and even personal appearances to voice opposition over this bill, is beyond me.

We're literally turning into Nazi Germany here, and no one seems to notice except the "kooks".

Well all righty then ............"kook".................hmmm imagine that?:rolleyes:

Well ya didn't classify me as fucking BRAIN DEAD....................:eusa_whistle:

Endgame is here sooner than I thought...There goes the neighborhood!!!
That means that everyone on this message board and thousands of other message boards is subject to arrest for terrorism.
Thats the end of our first ammendment.
It will mean the end of the internet....If we all can't communicate then we can't discuss whats going on with the government...I'll bet they are getting ready to pull the plug on the internet in the name of Homeland security and Homegrown terrorism.
This is the end of the world as we know it. This is the end of the individuals rights and we all now live in a police state where you can be arrested if they just think you might do something illegal. This is the end of social freedom and the beginning of the BIG extermination of U.S. Citizens. One step away from gas chambers. I will be posting this bill on the other sites I frequent.
Good luck everyone and God help us all!!!

Well all righty then ............"kook".................hmmm imagine that?:rolleyes:

Well ya didn't classify me as fucking BRAIN DEAD....................:eusa_whistle:

I was being sarcastic. I'll defend my liberty to the death. That probably makes me a "kook" in many people's eyes.

I haven't seen much evidence of partisanship out of the judges Bush appointed. Evidence of ideology, sure, but not of partisanship. I do not think the Court would uphold this kind of legislation, at least if it does what people here are saying it does. I haven't read the bill.

I haven't seen much evidence of partisanship out of the judges Bush appointed. Evidence of ideology, sure, but not of partisanship. I do not think the Court would uphold this kind of legislation.

No partisanship?

What do you *think* "ideological" differences are?

I think this Court is capable of anything.

And if you're looking for evidence of partisanship, you can look no further than Bush v Gore (though to be fair that wasn't *this* Bush's Court).

No partisanship?

What do you *think* "ideological" differences are?

I think this Court is capable of anything.

Ideological difference are not partisanship. Partisanship means you adhere to what the "party" wants, regardless of ideology. Ideological difference have always existed on the Court and are expected to reflect the varying ideologies of Presidents who appoint the Justices. There's nothing wrong with ideological difference. There is a lot wrong with partisanship.

As for the Court being capable of anything, I haven't seen much evidence for that kind of alarmism. One of the most egregious cases to be decided in some time was Kelo and the conservatives on the Court (plus O'Connor) got that one right.

I haven't seen much evidence of partisanship out of the judges Bush appointed. Evidence of ideology, sure, but not of partisanship. I do not think the Court would uphold this kind of legislation, at least if it does what people here are saying it does. I haven't read the bill.

and risk the same labels David Souter recieved? Ideology and partisanship seem to be birds of a feather when scalia, thomas, roberts and alito flock together. I don't see Scalia or Thomas bucking too many party lines very often.

but.. We'll see, wont we.

although I do agree with you on Kelo.

Forum List

Back