WTF? If This IS True....

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Annie, Jul 22, 2004.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    http://washtimes.com/national/20040721-101403-1508r.htm

Excerpt, note this is NOT on the Musicial Syrians story:

via http://vodkapundit.com/archives/006242.php

Excerpt:

2. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    Third or 4th time this story's been posted ... not trying to sound like an ass... :(

3. UsaPride

UsaPride Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +198
    :clap: :clap: :clap:

4. HGROKIT

HGROKIT Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Unbelievable and a hats off and amen to Jeff Harrell's comments about kicking some ass!

I am sitting here scratching my head asking the same question. Why are these events NOT being openly discussed? Notice the Terror in the Sky deal last week, written by that gal for Womens Wall Street has already faded into the sunset.

My question is also, she came out with this story and got brief air time because she is a journalist. How many other stories are there that we just don't hear about?

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770

This is not about the syrian musicians/wall street women's one. Different story.

Whoops, meant to add: You are not an ass! For sure! :beer:

6. lilcountriegal

lilcountriegal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. I fly cross country in less than 12 days. I'll be sporting some Xanax, that's for sure.

Back on track... here's a link to the follow-up article written by the original journalist regarding the 14 Syrians/musicians. Its nothing big, but there are serious questions that I believe someone should be answering.

I sure hope someone is following these guys wherever they may be. With all the media this story has received, Im surprised that follow-ups arent a little more widespread.

http://www.womenswallstreet.com/WWS/article_landing.aspx?titleid=1&articleid=714

7. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    I'm gonna sound like DK here..... :baby4:

But think about it for a second..... Do you really think the airlines want this info out? And the govumint has aweady pruven they are gonna give the airlines what they want (Mrs. Dashle?).

I am really serious about this one. I am SURE the government and the airlines are covering all this up and probably, honestly, for good reason.

8. NewGuy

NewGuy Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone give me understanding as to why this overwhelming perspective exists that our GOVERNMENT needs to protect us?

Why are we not looking to our CONSTITUTION to protect us?

I honestly do not understand the mentality and I am really trying to.

9. lilcountriegal

lilcountriegal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    I dunno if I agree with that. At least teh "good reason" part. I compltely understand the reasoning behind it, so as not to cause panic and save a potential economical loss in the airline industry. Speaking from someone who is scared to DEATH to fly (nervous pit in my stomach just thinking about it 12 days before)..... I would be a little more relieved to hear what the government is doing about this siutation, how they are following it up, etc. That way I know for sure they are 1) aware of the problem & 2) addressing it appropriately. Unfortunately, the only things I'm reading are these short blogs stating nothing... I know the government knows about it, but my impression is that they arent doing anything.

A federal marshall broke into the lavoratory when a Middle Eastern man was in there for too long a period and found that man with the mirror off the wall trying to break through the wall and get into the cockpit. I mean COME ON.. this should have been reported.

There's no excuse for this kind of information being kept from the public...

10. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    Because people have been brainwahsed for years into thinking the government is supposed to protect us. No one knows how to protect themselves anymore.