wtf? gud lit. bing kilt by dum teens.

Hobbit

Mar 25, 2004
Near Atlanta, GA
According to this CNN article, Dot mobile, a British based company, is going to start releasing classic works of literature, including such works as "Bleak House," "Pride and Prejudice," and "The Complete Works of William Shakespeare" in a new format...f-ing text message shorthand. The proponents claim that it's a way to condense the books to make studying easier. I say it's mangling great literary works. For a few examples:

"To be or not to be. That is the question," will be translated as "2b? Nt2b? ???"

The entire ending to Jane Eyre (which is bad enough without being mangled :p) will be summed up in "MadwyfSetsFyr2Haus." (read as "mad wife sets fire to house")

This is just sick. I mean, can you imagine the implications? Who here has read "The Hobbit?" (hits me close to home, hehe) If so, remember the line said by the human in the city on the Long Lake, "One arrow, black arrow, you have always hit your mark, and I have always retrieved you." Now, imagine that instead being written as "bst arrw ftw!!!"

Or who could forget the classic line from "Great Expectations," "Get me fud & file, k?"

http://www.cnn.com/2005/EDUCATION/11/17/literature.text.ap/index.html

Forum List

Back