WSJ: When the Slave Traders Were African

Discussion in 'Race Relations/Racism' started by abu afak, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Third Party

Third Party Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,810
    Slow down buckwheat. Its his attitude toward ME that needs adjusting. I don't care if you or anybody else is mad-that's your problem.

2. Third Party

Third Party Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,810
    If I am correct (without looking it up) the Dutch brought the slaves first. They need their Karma leveled, but got it when the Nazis ravaged their country. I wonder how THEY would have treated Africans-good thing the US fought them so they never had to find out. Your're welcome.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. abu afak

abu afak ALLAH SNACKBAR!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,164
    Blacks main problem isn't slavery.
    It's evolution of IQ.

Let's look at Asians.
    Many coming here as indentured railway labor just as the Blacks were being free from slavery.
    Poor, Discriminated against, the Japanese even interned as late as WWII.
    Then we Nuked their little resourceLess rock, while killing a good percent of the working age male population...
    and YET in 50 years?
    The planet's #2 economy (now #2 is China)... with No diversity.
    Compare to Resource-rich sub-Saharan Africa, an ungovernable rabble. Many still living as they did 20,000 years ago.

When Marco Polo came upon China 700 years ago he found, Ceramics, Silk, Gunpowder, a Civil Service system, Astronomical Records, etc.
    While the vast majority of Africans lived in 1900 the same way they did 30,000 years ago: hunter-gatherers in huts.
    And why sub-Sahara is still an ungovernable mess.

Asians are now superior in testing and income to discriminating whites, because of IQ. Not persecution or lack thereof.

That was the short version.

`

4. Pogo

Pogo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53,253
    Don't need to. I know desperate deflection when I step in it. Has that squishy sound.
    Point stands uncontested. The end.

• Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  5. Pogo

Pogo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53,253
    Again, Bullshit.

>> It is hard, after so many bad movies and so many encrusted lies, to think of them as urban, and it is hard for a Western mind to conceive of “tribal” and “urban” together; yet as late as the mid-nineteenth century the Yoruba city of Abeokuta ran six miles along the bank of the Ogun River and had a population estimated at 200,000. Its craft industries thrived – ironwork, carpentry, tailoring, farming, tool-making, textiles. And this urban culture had been thriving for centuries, a city probably older than, say, New York is now.

Here, intact, a little more than a century ago, was a mature culture which had not chosen to go the way of monotheism and the father gods, but had, like India, kept its polytheistic pantheon rooted in the Great Mother religions – or rather, in the religious impulse we now identify with the Great Mother. They shared with the Hopi, with the ancient Irish and Welsh and all Druid peoples, as well as with the Chinese and the Eygptians, the mother symbol of the serpent – as Thompson puts it, “ancient Yoruba image of coolness, peace and power.” And they shared with pre-Christianist Europe – the so-called pagan religions – the conviction that religious worship is a bodily celebration, a dance of the entire community; or, as it would have been called in Euorpe when such belief had been driven underground, a “sabbat.” The mind-body split that governs European thought seems never to have entered African religion, African consciousness – at least not until imported there by missionaries. To meditate was to dance. << -- Michael Ventura, "Hear That Long Snake Moan"
    Must be soooooo simple for the simpleminded to draw their history from Hollyweird stereotypes and the bottom-dwelling internet farces of Stürmfront and PragerFuckingU. Saves a lot of brain sweat.

But back up here Twinkles. Number One, "Asians" were never crammed into ships in shackles and sent against their will to a foreign world to be whipped into submission and dehumanized; Number Two, Japanese were not interned for their race, but for their nationality and the suspected loyalties that went with it; Number Three the cities of Nagasaki and Hiroshima do not constitute "Asia"; Number Four China has been hugely influential for literally millennia -- ask anyone from Mongolia or Thailand or Japan or Vietnam. Ask the Brits, Austro-Hungarians, French, Germans, Italians, Japanese, Russians and Americans who wanted to colonize and/or monopolize it specifically because it WAS big and rich.

Cult of Ignorance sales pitch is about as effective as the Amazing Vegematic from Ronco. If this is your best stuff, you need to find an occupation that doesn't involve "words".

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Pogo

Pogo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53,253
    I freely admit I have a short fuse for willful stupidity. Don't insult my intelligence and everybody else's by acting like a fucking retard.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Pogo

Pogo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53,253
    Indeed, the Brits were also shipping captured Irish pagans to work in the West Indies as indentured servants -- not slaves -- meaning that (a) after some finite time period that servitude was "worked off" and they were freed; and (b) that neither they nor their offspring automatically became enslaved as a consequence of their race. Africans enjoyed neither of those conditions.

As we keep pointing out, the concept of racism was invented as a marketing gimmick to sell the idea that it was really OK to traffic in humans. Without that social concept it couldn't have been done. It was imperative to define to the outside world that their victims were really not "human". Once that was done there was gigantic money to be made.

What constitutes a "real discussion" for some of these yahoos is to have a monopoly on rhetoric, where nobody gets to refute their bullshit and they can echo their snowflakey little bubble of ignorance until they come in their sock.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Pogo

Pogo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53,253
    Feel free to essplain to the class not only how a few traders from the 16th century constitute "the entire Dutch" but also how anyone living during the Nazi invasions had anything to do with slave trading.

Linear time: it's not just a good idea... It's the law.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Third Party

Third Party Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,810
    I KNOW you aren't talking to me-better direct that shit properly

10. Third Party

Third Party Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,810
    The Dutch means some Dutch-duh. And the nazis had as much to do with slave trading as modern day Americans-nothing, so, NO REPARATIONS!

• Funny Funny x 1