WSJ: When the Slave Traders Were African

Discussion in 'Race Relations/Racism' started by abu afak, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Pogo

Pogo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53,208
    So you *CAN'T* refute anything I said.

There's a fuckin' surprise.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Third Party

Third Party Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,809
    I'm glad you proved him wrong but you got stuck on a history lesson when I'm just saying since there were AFRICAN slave traders, that lets the US off the hook for reparations-if anything the Spanish should pay them.

3. Pogo

Pogo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53,208
    Once AGAIN r e a l s l o w n o w ------- nobody suggested there was a "hook" for any "reparations", Gummo.

OP posted a false history, AND tried to equate the transAtlantic slave trade with intracontinental African slavery, and he got busted on both of those boners. PERIOD.

I get that you're all butthurt because you can't refute my history so you want to change the subject. Tough shit.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Third Party

Third Party Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,809
    I accept your history but not your attitude-it sucks. Leave my butt out of this unless your queer-then really stay away. No subject change-I gotta go-reply if you want to keep arguing, or let it go-up to you.

5. MizMolly

MizMolly Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,298
    No, we are not responsible for past debts, anymore than other countries are.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. IM2

IM2 Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,633
    Actually the history exists. But trying to justify what happened here with this false equivalence is pathetic.

America has never been governed by any concept of African law. Africans did not create the apartheid laws that were in effect from the end of slavery until the civil rights act.

Non racist whites understand these things. Only the dumb low IQ racist white INDIVIDUAL keeps trying to revise history in order to deny personal responsibility.

7. IM2

IM2 Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,633
    His attitude is justified, it's yours that needs adjusting. I don't know how you whites think you get to tell us how we are to talk about what's been done to us. I am sure if a Muslim came up to you pointing out how whites have terrorized their homeland so why are white not talking about that, you would not respond kindly. But somehow whites such as yourself seem to believe we have no right to be angry. However whites can be mad about anything they want and if need be they can threaten violence. That's the mentality of white privilege.

8. IM2

IM2 Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,633
    But it doesn't let the US off the hook. This you don't seem to understand. Africans did not sail full ships of slaves here to be sold. And quite a few of the transactions were done deceitfully and fraudulently by whites. Try studying this before you make comments. You seem to be a little more intelligent than Aflac and this OP is full of holes. Pogo has pointed several of them out.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  9. CWayne

CWayne Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +400
    Well, look at you.

Now, reread what I said before.

10. IM2

IM2 Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,633
    And what exactly constitutes a real discussion? Because whites have not really ever wanted to have one. That is why threads like this exist. Africans did not make slavery legal in America. Africans did not come over to America with shiploads of slaves to sell. And the bottom line here is that whites bought the slaves. Whites did not have to buy slaves from Africa. Under the feudal system at that time, whites had serfs. They decided that serfs could sign agreements to work off their passage if they wanted to go to the so-called new world.

So what exactly constitutes a real discussion?

• Winner Winner x 1