Writer pegs Paul Ryan (R) to a "T"

Paul Ryan is an arrogant clown drunk on years of flatterers lying about how smart he is - Salon.com
GOP Rep. thinks he's a Randian hero, but is quickly learning that even conservatives find his arrogance revolting

That’s the problem with Ayn Rand’s worldview. In order to be John Galt, you need the hordes of nameless plebes to lord your alleged superiority over. But the Republican party is made up of self-appointed John Galts. When everyone in your party believes they’re meant to be giving orders, not taking them, it’s really hard to have basic discussions, much less organize effectively to get anything done.

that about covers it. He's a life-long Washington-Insider and a kid (he's 43)

discuss.....
The fact that he supports letting illegals come here and stay here is a non-starter for me.

We're no better off with Boner in charge. This is a new boss.....same as the old boss.
Ryan is another progressive statist, but the Dems and their media will protray him as a rabid con to keep the base in line and Americans divided.
NEWSFLASH!!! He's a self-professed Randite. He then tried to backpedal that but its on the record.
Or, it could be either his views are evolving or he's willing to compromise to allow govt to function.

Ryan is another progressive statist, but the Dems and their media will protray him as a rabid con to keep the base in line and Americans divided.

That is not his rep, the political pros I know regarded him as a strong capitalist and libertarian. He has proven that there is nothing libertarian about him, and the only capitalism he favors is crony capitalism and he is the biggest open borders zealot in the House.

IF he gets the Speakership, and it looks like a mere formality at this point, he will be the worst thing this nation has ever had in that role EVER, including LBJ.

This shows the kind of power the GOP establishment has over its members. Both parties are now run from the top down. I wonder if Trump, even if he is elected as POTUS, can undo this power structure in the GOP. I know it can be undone, but it takes people with a lot of creativity to envision how. Trump strikes me as not the man with it, but then I dont see anyone that does except perhaps Rand Paul and he is mute on this topic.
ever heard of public financing of campaigns/repeal of Citizens United? :rolleyes-41: Of course you haven't because you're a conservative.

Even though he is a Randian, he is also a life-long Washington-insider (went there as an intern & never left) Been at the taxpayer trough his entire adult life. Never had a real job a day in his life.

ever heard of public financing of campaigns/repeal of Citizens United? :rolleyes-41: Of course you haven't because you're a conservative.

Yes, I advocate public financing of our elections, the execution by firing squad of the Wall Street bankers who cause the toxic mortgage debt bubble that blew up in 2008 destroying more wealth than ever before in one incident in human history, the reversal of all case law that makes corporations people in any sense of the word, and I am *not* a conservative.

I agree with conservatives on 2/3s of the issues, but I am not a conservative.

Paul Ryan is an arrogant clown drunk on years of flatterers lying about how smart he is - Salon.com
GOP Rep. thinks he's a Randian hero, but is quickly learning that even conservatives find his arrogance revolting

That’s the problem with Ayn Rand’s worldview. In order to be John Galt, you need the hordes of nameless plebes to lord your alleged superiority over. But the Republican party is made up of self-appointed John Galts. When everyone in your party believes they’re meant to be giving orders, not taking them, it’s really hard to have basic discussions, much less organize effectively to get anything done.

discuss.....

Oh gee the racist far left drone troll, believes a far left drone blog site..

Even though he is a Randian, he is also a life-long Washington-insider (went there as an intern & never left) Been at the taxpayer trough his entire adult life. Never had a real job a day in his life.
Which means in effect Ryan isnt anything other than a corporation whore who is now dictator of the House.

this is why you left-wing nutjobs get laughed at and not taken seriously. nobody cares what you think of our leaders. it's hysterical that you haave nothing to say, good or bad about your own old rich white leaders and candidates for president
You do realize the people criticizing Ryan were members of the Tea Party, right?

this is why you left-wing nutjobs get laughed at and not taken seriously. nobody cares what you think of our leaders. it's hysterical that you haave nothing to say, good or bad about your own old rich white leaders and candidates for president
You do realize the people criticizing Ryan were members of the Tea Party, right?

you DO realize i'm talking about the OP of this thread, right?

Meanwhile the adults are talking about Paul Ryan and the Tea Party.

because you "adults" have made a rule on the message board where only the subject can be questioned and not the motive of the OP for writing it, or comments on the reason the OP agrees with a WRITER HE'S CITING.

this is yet another reason why nobody takes you left-wing losers seriously; you fall apart if you cant frame every debate

Which means in effect Ryan isnt anything other than a corporation whore who is now dictator of the House.

the Party has the right to run things the way they see fit.. why dont you go cry?

discuss.....

Very true.

Salon.com? You act as if the writer for it was going to say anything but that.

discuss.....
The fact that he supports letting illegals come here and stay here is a non-starter for me.

We're no better off with Boner in charge. This is a new boss.....same as the old boss.
NEWSFLASH!!! He's a self-professed Randite. He then tried to backpedal that but its on the record.

Paul Ryan and Ayn Rand
“I give out ‘Atlas Shrugged’ as Christmas presents, and I make all my interns read it,” he said. “Well... I try to make my interns read it.”

Who would want that doorstop as a xmas present?
Bur Behner was a wonderful man......because he's leaving.

discuss.....
========
Ryan said he would only accept the Speakership if he had enough time off for " Family Time " but he voted AGAINST every Family Leave bill / Family assistance bill he ever saw.

What's good for HIM is TOO GOOD for American workers.

discuss.....
========
Ryan said he would only accept the Speakership if he had enough time off for " Family Time " but he voted AGAINST every Family Leave bill / Family assistance bill he ever saw.

exactly.

yesterday I heard Harry Reid say he liked Ryan for the job.

so Ryan it is ... Mr.Speaker.

lol

see..

U.S. Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid said on Tuesday that Republican Representative Paul Ryan would be a "reasonable" speaker of the House of Representatives.

Reid called himself a "Paul Ryan fan" even though he disagrees with him most of the time. Congressional Republicans have been trying to get Ryan to run for the job to replace House Speaker John Boehner

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/harry-reid-paul-ryan/2015/10/20/id/697175/#ixzz3pJyyaKbx
Urgent: Rate Obama on His Job Performance. Vote Here Now!

discuss.....
========

i wish you losers would actually think about what you say before being so desperate to make a talking point.

Ryan is going to make his own time for his family rather than ask others

what morons you left-wingers are!!

What a foolish post.

Forum List

Back