Wow, Did The Guardian Say That Back When?

Discussion in 'Education' started by Annie, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/digitalarchive/story/0,,2210224,00.html

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. DeadCanDance

DeadCanDance Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +127
    You went to a ton of effort to post this, but I'm not sure what your point is. I'm not a mind reader or anything.

3. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    Not sure, either...

The whole "there are Hitlers everywhere" neocon argument? The Guardian was wrong about Hitler, so we should bomb Iran? We must be reminded daily how bad Hitler was, because those goyim can never get uppity? Who knows!

This related also to anti-semitism. The Observer, in its article on March 20 1932, hinted that attacks on Hitler's anti-semitism exaggerated the danger, adding: "It must not be forgotten that the major part of the German Republican Press is in Jewish hands."...

As true then as it is today. It's not "anti-semetic" to point out the truth.

4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Gee and I thought you would clear it up. The point was it was posted in Education/History, emphasis on learning from history.

1. Anti-semitism is once again on the rise and being ignored, once again.
    2. The Guardian hasn't learned a damned thing in over nearly 80 years.

5. Doug

Doug Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +52
    The thing I found most interesting in this article was an early example of a familiar Leftist argument: Hitler was the creature of Big Business.

They still argue this today, although it is false.

6. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    I was booted from a writer's message board because I stated, repeatedly, that people who are constantly carping about "neo-cons" are actually anti-semitic at heart.

I was seen as a hater, I guess, because I recognized something the left participates in and likes to pretend is something other than what it is.

7. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,287
    Interesting. A similar article could be written about Dick and his faithful sidekick George - that they really were not considering war with Iraq long before enough fear materialized to make war a reality. That they did weigh all the evidence concerning WMDs and really thought armageddon was just around the corner. Consider the so called 'liberal' New York Times the Guardian, in my example, it all fits. So I guess really, reading into the minds of the evil and/or inept is a poor art. Someday another naive naif will post how the NYT was unable to judge the poor incompetent's real intent. And so it goes....

And hopefully, just hopefully, that will be the last time as maybe the fourth estate will start doing its job again. Maybe.