*Wow* Bill O`Reilly Not In First Place

I don't care about a show's ratings. I care about the accuracy and honesty of the host and guests. Ratings are for producers and advertisers to worry about.

I think high ratings of cable news programs is indicative of accuracy and honesty of the hosts and guests, or they would not be at the top. I find that interesting. Thx. :)

That's nonsense. The high ratings of shows like O'Reilly and Hannity are because they tell conservatives what they want to hear,

and because they don't have any competition for that format.

:lol:well, thats one way to look at the death throes of the msm.....:lol:

Well to be fair, Fox would be the number one news channel right?.

Wrong.

I've seen almost every right winger on this board argue repeatedly that Fox New's highest rated programs are not 'news' programs but rather political commentary shows.

I tend to agree with them on this one.

It appears quite hard for people to differentiate between 'news' and 'comment' programs. Fox News Channel is a channel showing news and current affairs. I often wonder why people struggle to separate the news from the current affairs stuff. It seems pretty clear to me.

I think high ratings of cable news programs is indicative of accuracy and honesty of the hosts and guests, or they would not be at the top. I find that interesting. Thx. :)

That's nonsense. The high ratings of shows like O'Reilly and Hannity are because they tell conservatives what they want to hear,

and because they don't have any competition for that format.

:lol:well, thats one way to look at the death throes of the msm.....:lol:

I'll repeat this for you, in big letters:

The top two shows on cable last week were 'Jersey Shore' and 'WWE Entertainment'.

It's a daunting task to make an argument that ratings equal merit or quality when faced with those simple facts.

Yea, Bill. Gotta love the guy:

The Fox News talk show host also agreed to drop his extortion suit against Andrea Mackris and her attorney, Benedict Morelli, according to a statement by O'Reilly's lawyer. The deal likely involves payment of millions of dollars to Mackris, since the two sides were discussing an offer of well over $2 million when negotiations broke down, say sources close to O'Reilly. Both parties agreed to keep the details confidential, according to the statement.

Bill O'Reilly, Producer Settle Harassment Suit (washingtonpost.com)

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back