Would you say these on my windows computer 11, I like one drive but they don't stay there that long!!

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
Your files will have these statuses in File Explorer:

Mark OneDrive Files as Always keep on this device in Windows 10-online_only_files.png
Online-only files don’t take up space on your computer. You see a cloud icon for each online-only file in File Explorer, but the file doesn’t download to your device until you open it. You can’t open online-only files when your device isn’t connected to the Internet.

Mark OneDrive Files as Always keep on this device in Windows 10-locally_available_files.png
When you open an online-only file, it downloads to your device and becomes a locally available file. You can open a locally available file anytime, even without Internet access. If you need more space, you can change the file back to online. Just right-click the file and select Free up space.

Mark OneDrive Files as Always keep on this device in Windows 10-always_available_files.png
Only files that you mark as Always keep on this device have the green circle with the white check mark. These files download to your device and take up space, but they’re always there for you even when you’re offline.

-----------------------------------------
What do you think? I vote for vote for 2 or 3.

Your files will have these statuses in File Explorer:

Mark OneDrive Files as Always keep on this device in Windows 10-online_only_files.png
Online-only files don’t take up space on your computer. You see a cloud icon for each online-only file in File Explorer, but the file doesn’t download to your device until you open it. You can’t open online-only files when your device isn’t connected to the Internet.

Mark OneDrive Files as Always keep on this device in Windows 10-locally_available_files.png
When you open an online-only file, it downloads to your device and becomes a locally available file. You can open a locally available file anytime, even without Internet access. If you need more space, you can change the file back to online. Just right-click the file and select Free up space.

Mark OneDrive Files as Always keep on this device in Windows 10-always_available_files.png
Only files that you mark as Always keep on this device have the green circle with the white check mark. These files download to your device and take up space, but they’re always there for you even when you’re offline.

-----------------------------------------
What do you think? I vote for vote for 2 or 3.
Looks like crap to me. :dunno:

What if your internet goes out, what then?

Looks like crap to me. :dunno:

What if your internet goes out, what then?
I want to the ones off of ONE DRIVE to back on the computer.

I have 2 computers and it's different from my windows 10.

I am sorry, but it is simply unnecessary and inconvenient as hell to use cloud storage on a personal computer.
"if you need additional storage..."...... bullshit.
Take my middle of the road laptop... 407 GB free. That means I am only using 14% of space available on my SSD. Why in the world would I use Cloud service??
For stuff I really want to keep, photos etc.... it is called a thumb drive. Cheap... and can hold, literally, 10,000s of photos documents.

I am sorry, but it is simply unnecessary and inconvenient as hell to use cloud storage on a personal computer.
"if you need additional storage..."...... bullshit.
Take my middle of the road laptop... 407 GB free. That means I am only using 14% of space available on my SSD. Why in the world would I use Cloud service??
For stuff I really want to keep, photos etc.... it is called a thumb drive. Cheap... and can hold, literally, 10,000s of photos documents.
I need 2 computers, and One drive I share computers, but I never leave them that long on the cloud. For invoices and quicken summaries.

I need 2 computers, and One drive I share computers, but I never leave them that long on the cloud. For invoices and quicken summaries.
So you use Quicken online?
I use Quicken local, backup to a thumb drive.
We issue about 4-500 invoices a month, heck I think the data is only 20-30 MB.

Forum List

Back