Would you find this control bracelet acceptable?

Control by bracelet?

• Yes, if you aren't doing anything wrong, why worry about it?

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • No freaking way!

Votes: 8 88.9%

• Total voters

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
A senior government official with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has expressed great interest in a so-called safety bracelet that would serve as a stun device, similar to that of a police Taser®. According to this promotional video found at the Lamperd Less Lethal website, the bracelet would be worn by all airline passengers. This bracelet would:
• take the place of an airline boarding pass
• contain personal information about the traveler
• be able to monitor the whereabouts of each passenger and his/her luggage
• shock the wearer on command, completely immobilizing him/her for several minutes

Washington Times - Politics, Breaking News, US and World News - "Want some torture with your peanuts?" by Aviation Security

I've pretty much opted out of flying altogether.

With the chunnel and the tunnel they're considering between Alaska (is that right?) and Siberia, I think I'll just take really long road trip vacations from here on out.

Ok, this does it for me. I'm never flying again. Obama's plane:

e-Scapes
"MD-80s series planes are some of the oldest aircraft that U.S. airlines are flying today, and their age means they're more likely than newer planes to require maintenance. The same type of plane was at the center of this spring's mass flight cancellations, when Delta and American cancelled thousands of flights to reinspect wiring on their MD-80 series aircraft.

The Air Transport Association has approximately 470 MD-80 series aircraft registered to their member airlines, the vast majority of which are operated by Delta and American. According to John Eakin, aviation safety consultant and president of Air Data Research in Helotes, Texas, MD-80 planes actually encompass a number of different aircraft models."

I'm through with flying. It's just too dangerous on too many levels.

Maybe they can fix it so the bracelet kills you peacefully before the plane crashes.

Somehow I doubt it would work that way. Someone would have to know the plane was going down, and I think if anyone else knew, the passengers would too....and if whomever is in control of the bracelet made a mistake (whoops, I was SURE that plane was going down!) well too bad.

I feel like I'm playing pretend like I did when I was a kid....

Somehow I doubt it would work that way. Someone would have to know the plane was going down, and I think if anyone else knew, the passengers would too....and if whomever is in control of the bracelet made a mistake (whoops, I was SURE that plane was going down!) well too bad.

I feel like I'm playing pretend like I did when I was a kid....

:)

I hate flying, too. The only really bad part is take off, once we finish climbing I'm okay. Getting felt up, x-rayed, paying $5 for a soda and $20 per check on bag...now this.

:)

I hate flying, too. The only really bad part is take off, once we finish climbing I'm okay. Getting felt up, x-rayed, paying $5 for a soda and $20 per check on bag...now this.

i lived overseas for 5 years. back in '03 the person i was with had a pair of tweezers and nail clippers in their carry on. these were confiscated as a weapon, and we were put through the highest level of screening. because of this i guess my name is flagged and whenever i fly i am pulled aside for the full security check. it is less than pleasant. but the thought of being tracked in an airport and the possibility of being mistakenly shocked sounds worse

I wish. It's from the most humorless rag out there - The Washington Times.

THIS Washington Times?

The Washington Times is a daily broadsheet newspaper published in Washington, D.C., the capital of the United States. It was founded in 1982 by Unification Church founder Sun Myung Moon, Bo Hi Pak, one of his main assistants, and other church members. As of March 31, 2007, the Times had an average daily circulation of 102,351, about one-seventh that of its chief competitor, The Washington Post.

I've had emboidery scissors, needles and crochet needles confiscated, and I have an English last name.

I'd like to know who the idiot is who said they wouldn't mind wearing a control bracelet. Hellow? Would you wear a collar, if somebody told you to?

Oh my Dear God, what in the world is going on in this country??????

Everything that I was taught to believe about us is falling to the wayside.....:(

care

Just Because some jerk off talks about it, does not mean we are actually doing it. So it has not "fallen by the wayside yet". use your voices and make sure it does not happen.

People have often had bad ideas, which we reject. This is nothing new.

I have felt this way about airplanes since 9/11....I flew 10 to 20 times a year previous to 9/11/01 and have only flown once, in 2004, since then.

Funny that you should say that. 9/11 actually had the opposite effect on me. I used to be afraid of flying until a plane hit a building 10 stories above my old office (44th floor, 2 WTC). I figured... 300 people killed on planes; 3,000 killed drinking their morning coffee at work.....

Decided you can't really be afraid of flying after that.

My whole family flew to Disney World on Oct 2, 2001....

I'd like to know who the idiot is who said they wouldn't mind wearing a control bracelet. Hellow? Would you wear a collar, if somebody told you to?

I voted yes just to see how long it would take for someone to notice.

You win. Rep for you. :D

Funny that you should say that. 9/11 actually had the opposite effect on me. I used to be afraid of flying until a plane hit a building 10 stories above my old office (44th floor, 2 WTC). I figured... 300 people killed on planes; 3,000 killed drinking their morning coffee at work.....

Decided you can't really be afraid of flying after that.

My whole family flew to Disney World on Oct 2, 2001....

i have never had any fondness for flying, it JUST SEEMS WRONG, a chunk of metal floating or flying thru the sky.... :eek:

I had to fly, to keep my job, so i sucked it up, said my prayers, became closer with G-d every trip i took!!!!!

been flying in planes since i was two months old....with dad in the Air Force and us being transfered and stationed all over the world....and i have NEVER ----NOT BEEN AFRAID to fly....

September 11th sealed it!!!!!

i can ''road trip'' days on end, love driving, and seeing the countryside! lol

care

Forum List

Back