Would MLK be for or against the Iraq war?

Just curious. If you say he would be against it, how would Fox and particulary Beck have treated him? How have they treated every person who ever said anything negative about the Iraq war?

I ask this because I know of his stance against the Viet Nam war...

Martin Luther King's Speech Against the Vietnam War - by David Bromwich

Be honest now.

Trying to get Republicans to understand MLK is like trying to get Republican leadership to support the Middle Class. It ain't gonna happen.

He's dead so I don't know but if I had to guess, he'd probably be opposed to it.

I don't see why he's put on such a platform by cons anyway, the man was as liberal as the Kennedys, Jesse Jackson or others of that time period so I roll my eyes every time I see someone say he was a Republican or whatever, he was a damn liberal regardless of party.

I opposed the war in "I Wreck" when it was just being talked about so it isn't a left/right issue imho.

He's dead so I don't know but if I had to guess, he'd probably be opposed to it.

I don't see why he's put on such a platform by cons anyway, the man was as liberal as the Kennedys, Jesse Jackson or others of that time period so I roll my eyes every time I see someone say he was a Republican or whatever, he was a damn liberal regardless of party.

I opposed the war in "I Wreck" when it was just being talked about so it isn't a left/right issue imho.

By the way, MLK JR. was not a republican, his father was, but Reagan was a democrate once...lolololol

By the way, MLK JR. was not a republican, his father was, but Reagan was a democrate once...lolololol

lol, yup and Reagan was a big lover of FDR and even campaigned for Hubert Humphrey....Messed up,truly messed up:lol:

I just read some posters over the years say MLK was this or that;including being a Republican; I never bought into it,lol.

By the way, MLK JR. was not a republican, his father was, but Reagan was a democrat once...lolololol

lol, yup and Reagan was a big lover of FDR and even campaigned for Hubert Humphrey....Messed up,truly messed up:lol:

I just read some posters over the years say MLK was this or that;including being a Republican; I never bought into it,lol.

You were correct....the way to counter them saying MLK was a republican (and he wasnt) is to remind them ol RR was a dem.

They hate that. :)

Last edited:
The man is GONE...But I can tell you this? The man was for Liberty of ALL MANKIND...

And WE gave the Iraquis...WHAT? (With our BLOOD AND TREASURE as we will continue to DO for all MANKIND for the sake of LIBERTY OVER TYRANNY)?

Ball in your Court Zoned. America either stands for Freedom from Tyranny of any sort...or the entire Revolution, and subsequent Wars we suffered as a people for FREEDOM is for NAUGHT.

And *I* do NOT want to explain to the millions that shed their BLOOD, that cry out from the ground where they fell... why *I* don't belive it was a good idea...

*DO YOU*? MY family has shed lots of it. Do YOU wish to explain it to me? Or to Dr. King or HIS Family whom shed his OWN for the cause of Liberty?

Think Carefully...

At the time of his death in 1968, King had seen the greatest purveyor of violence on the planet and called it out by name from the top of the damn mountain.

Probably knowing what would come next.

At that point in his life "he had come to believe that our economic system was fundamentally unjust and needed radical transformation."

"He spoke of 'the evils of capitalism' and asked for 'a radical redistribution of economic and political power.'"

The $millions King would have earned in the last 42 years might have pulled him rightward, but I don't really believe he was ever for sale to the highest bidder.

Howard Zinn's The Twentieth Century P.427

The man is GONE...But I can tell you this? The man was for Liberty of ALL MANKIND...

And WE gave the Iraquis...WHAT? (With our BLOOD AND TREASURE as we will continue to DO for all MANKIND for the sake of LIBERTY OVER TYRANNY)?

Ball in your Court Zoned. America either stands for Freedom from Tyranny of any sort...or the entire Revolution, and subsequent Wars we suffered as a people for FREEDOM is for NAUGHT.

And *I* do NOT want to explain to the millions that shed their BLOOD, that cry out from the ground where they fell... why *I* don't belive it was a good idea...

*DO YOU*? MY family has shed lots of it. Do YOU wish to explain it to me? Or to Dr. King or HIS Family whom shed his OWN for the cause of Liberty?

Think Carefully...

Just curious. If you say he would be against it, how would Fox and particulary Beck have treated him? How have they treated every person who ever said anything negative about the Iraq war?

Be honest now.

against it, 100%.

T, the ball is in my court? You honestly think MLK would be for the Iraq war? Did you not read my link on what he said about the viet nam war?

fox would have been all over him for his stance on Iraq. I cant guarantee you anything about a man who is gone, I can only tell you what he said at the time he was alive about that war.

T, THERE IS NO WAY HE OULD BE FOR THE IRAQ WAR. Only a fool would say he would be.

How apropos.

T is not too bright, it he?

Remember the mormon is a christian thing he said? lololololol

T is not too bright, it he?

Remember the mormon is a christian thing he said? lololololol

Keep Going. You descend...rapidly.

But *I* won't even pretend to stop you.

Still not admitting your error? If you do, I will stop. If not, I will remind you constantly, over and over...and over and over...

But I have nothing but time, so continue.

King was against aggression... hence would be against any war... but would have been for some other way to liberate the Iraqis, though there really wasn't any other way

What 100% pacifists fail to realize is that sometimes war or conflict is indeed the only way

Think Carefully...

Yeah, but we were fighting for the 'liberty' of the South Vietnamese too, supposedly, and MLK opposed that war.

So your premise is SOA. Shit on arrival.

btw, it's easy to spend lives for someone else's 'liberty' when the price is not coming out of your own pocket.

Be honest now.

They would treat him just like they treated him while he was alive. They would accuse him of having Communist ties, sick the FBI on him to dig up any negative details, claim he was a racist, claim he was un-American

Right wing tactics haven't changed much in 40 years

King was against aggression... hence would be against any war... but would have been for some other way to liberate the Iraqis, though there really wasn't any other way

What 100% pacifists fail to realize is that sometimes war or conflict is indeed the only way

Agreed....and if we had concentrated on Aphganistan, and not sent our soldiers to die in Iraq (directly after 9/11!!??) this entire thing would be over by now and we could have got the people actually responsible for that damn attack on our soil.

Hey, terrorists, attack us and we will retaliate by going after a different country. God Bush. God bless america.

Be honest now.

They would treat him just like they treated him while he was alive. They would accuse him of having Communist ties, sick the FBI on him to dig up any negative details, claim he was a racist, claim he was un-American

Right wing tactics haven't changed much in 40 years

So you think Beck would have used his name last weekend? lolololol

Forum List

Back