World's Tallest Teen: Meet the 15-year-old Florida basketball player who just broke the world record, standing at 7 feet, 5 inches tall

He already has a bad back because of this height. I don't know enough to know if weight training can overcome that or not.

I'd love to see him in the WWE. Wrestlers of his size, like Giant Gonzalez are pretty much unstoppable.

he can pass well and shoot the 3? this guy could be an unstoppable NBA player. do you agree? we'll see what happens!

IDK we had a guy who was 6 11 on our college team and he really wasn't good for that much during the games other than rebounds. He was an okay shot but that extra foot and a half combined down and up on his dribbles resulted in him losing the ball a lot to the other team.

Sounds like the next Shawn Bradley

1644941157472.png

He already has a bad back because of this height. I don't know enough to know if weight training can overcome that or not.
I wonder how the knees will hold up too.

The human body is really only engineered to be viable within a certain size range. Too far out of that range in either direction is nearly always associated with serious health issues.

The tallest man recorded as having ever lived, Robert Wadlow, only lived to the age of 22 years. André René Roussimoff, better known as André the Giant, was more fortunate; he lived to be 46 before he died.

At the other end, Hervé Villechaize, best known as “Tattoo” on Fantasy Island, suffered all his life from painful and debilitating health issues, eventually leading him to commit suicide at the age of 50.

A living organism that is meant to be one size has to be structured very differently than one that is meant to be a very different size. If we could scale an insect up to human-sized, it would immediately collapse and die under its own weight. Keep in mind that with linear changes in size, volume and mass increase by powers of three.

Last edited:
He can play in reasonably good health if he has an good osteopath who took nutrition as his second major with emphasis on minerals such as calcium and what it takes in other nutrients to enhance bone health. It's funny how nutritional science supports a therapy that scrutinizes what prevents human health disaster. Medicine remedies are important too, because they deal with harder cases of people who have already succumbed to failure to take care of one's personal nutritional needs that address wellness. I'll look up his name and put him on my prayer list for winning his health battles induced by professional athletic unfitness by way of overuse of the wrong diet that could have been prevented by correct nutrients used up too quickly by the stress of overuse..brb.

BRADENTON, FL. - Believe it or not all three of the men are at least seven feet tall. Of course, it’s easy to second-guess yourself, especially when one of them is 7 foot 5. That’s Olivier Rioux, the Canadian big man who enrolled at IMG Academy this year, in hopes of improving his game. IMG's Olivier Rioux tallest teen in the world
So Ollie Rioux is on my God-keep-them-well prayer list as of now. :thup:

Last edited:
I'd love to see him in the WWE. Wrestlers of his size, like Giant Gonzalez are pretty much unstoppable.

Dead at 44.

Keep in mind that professional wresting is theater, not sport. A giant makes for impressive theater, but is actually quite disabled as far as actual physical ability. If professional wresting were real, I don't think you'd see any giants in it.

Forum List

Back