World Rankings

According to another source:

wur-2015-2016-top-10.jpg

wur-2015-2016-top-10.jpg

How come when I go to the link the rankings are different? They appear as seen below?

I was never an academic star but my niece in 8th grade is, especially in science. She is telling me that she wants to go to Caltech instead of MIT because it is higher ranking in science and physics kinds of things, I think she said? Normal people and pot smokers need not apply.

1. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)

2. Harvard University

3. University of Cambridge

4. Stanford University

5. California Institute of Technology (Caltech)

6. University of Oxford

7. UCL (University College London)

8. Imperial College London

9. ETH Zurich - Swiss Federal Institute of Technology

10. University of Chicago

11. Princeton University

wur-2015-2016-top-10.jpg

How come when I go to the link the rankings are different? They appear as seen below?

I was never an academic star but my niece in 8th grade is, especially in science. She is telling me that she wants to go to Caltech instead of MIT because it is higher ranking in science and physics kinds of things, I think she said? Normal people and pot smokers need not apply.

1. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)

2. Harvard University

3. University of Cambridge

4. Stanford University

5. California Institute of Technology (Caltech)

6. University of Oxford

7. UCL (University College London)

8. Imperial College London

9. ETH Zurich - Swiss Federal Institute of Technology

10. University of Chicago

11. Princeton University

Caltech is indeed tops in its field.

The top universities in the world. As usual, the US dominates.

QS World University Rankings® 2015/16

Nice to score in the top 20 in something. Every other global ranking has the US not in the top 10 and usually not int he top 20. 48th or so for press freedom is one that burned itself in my mind.
And which are on the first places in your ratings?

Google US standing relative to the world if you think the US is so shithot.

The top universities in the world. As usual, the US dominates.

QS World University Rankings® 2015/16

Nice to score in the top 20 in something. Every other global ranking has the US not in the top 10 and usually not int he top 20. 48th or so for press freedom is one that burned itself in my mind.
And which are on the first places in your ratings?

Google US standing relative to the world if you think the US is so shithot.
no, i just want the answer to question

the US has one entry in the top ten tallest buildings of the world, and four in the top twenty. (ahem, Trump Tower, lol)

Cool fact (assuming the methodology was reasonable).

Keep in mind that it is the STUDENTS that make an institution great, more than the faculty, the buildings, or the endowments. These schools are so overwhelmed with applications that they can choose nothing but superstars (if they choose to go that way) - students who would learn prodigiously even if you put them on an island for four years, with no instructors at all.

American Alkaline

Dartmouth College and Texas A&M University are ranked #158 and #159, respectively.

America boasts the Ivy League and well-funded large public universities. It's one of the main reasons people immigrate to the USA.

However, America also celebrates pedestrian glitter like horror films and comic books, and the media supports populism gossip such as vigilantism brain candy. The fictional superhero sidekick Nightwing (DC Comics), for example, is a young man who assists Batman, a brooding urban vigilante who tackles the criminally insane. American youngsters have made Nightwing popular, and this sort of laissez-faire social rhetoric gives America an aura of 'uneducated profit-driven gold mystique.'

Otherwise, Ivy League schools such as Dartmouth and public schools such as Texas A&M would be ranked much higher.

Oxford and Cambridge have received favourable press in the last 25 years.

:afro:

Nightwing

comics.jpg

American Alkaline

Dartmouth College and Texas A&M University are ranked #158 and #159, respectively.

America boasts the Ivy League and well-funded large public universities. It's one of the main reasons people immigrate to the USA.

However, America also celebrates pedestrian glitter like horror films and comic books, and the media supports populism gossip such as vigilantism brain candy. The fictional superhero sidekick Nightwing (DC Comics), for example, is a young man who assists Batman, a brooding urban vigilante who tackles the criminally insane. American youngsters have made Nightwing popular, and this sort of laissez-faire social rhetoric gives America an aura of 'uneducated profit-driven gold mystique.

Other countries have comics, horror films, and various popular entertainment as well.

Forum List

Back