Stalin Walker got caught trying to change the mission of the University System in his state.

R

rdean

How Gov. Walker tried to quietly change the mission of the University of Wisconsin

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker submitted a budget proposal that included language that would have changed the century-old mission of the University of Wisconsin system — known as the Wisconsin Idea and embedded in the state code — by removing words that commanded the university to “search for truth” and “improve the human condition” and replacing them with “meet the state’s workforce needs.”

One group, including Walker, see higher education in big part as a training ground for workers in the American workplace; another sees college education as a way to broaden the minds of young people and teach them how to be active, productive citizens of the country.

Walker, who recently said that faculty and staff throughout the university system needed to work harder and who is seeking to cut funding for the university system by $300 million over the next two years

The real debate should be about two things: 1) governance of the UW System and 2) how much an authority is worth in savings.

-------------------------

He worked so hard, he didn't even graduate.

On Jan 12th, he said about University education: “To extend knowledge and its application beyond the boundaries of its campuses should be removed.” And he said: "We encourage a vigorous debate over the idea of an authority to govern the University of Wisconsin system"

Seems the real reason is to block education they don't like. All this talk about "authority over watch" and "keep education bottled". It's ugly. It's unAmerican. It's Scott Walker.

Thank God he dropped out. The only problem is that he is a typical Republican.

You gotta admit, Republicans cry freedom, but they damage our educational system and invade our bedrooms.

Colleges produced students carrying debt, $1trillion, that can never be repaid. That's a great fucking system Deany

Didn't he blame his staff for slipping the wording in there without his knowledge?

Didn't he blame his staff for slipping the wording in there without his knowledge?
Shows how much honor and integrity he has. It's like Republicans blaming Obama for their Middle East mess.

How Gov. Walker tried to quietly change the mission of the University of Wisconsin

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker submitted a budget proposal that included language that would have changed the century-old mission of the University of Wisconsin system — known as the Wisconsin Idea and embedded in the state code — by removing words that commanded the university to “search for truth” and “improve the human condition” and replacing them with “meet the state’s workforce needs.”

One group, including Walker, see higher education in big part as a training ground for workers in the American workplace; another sees college education as a way to broaden the minds of young people and teach them how to be active, productive citizens of the country.

Walker, who recently said that faculty and staff throughout the university system needed to work harder and who is seeking to cut funding for the university system by $300 million over the next two years

The real debate should be about two things: 1) governance of the UW System and 2) how much an authority is worth in savings.

On Jan 12th, he said about University education: “To extend knowledge and its application beyond the boundaries of its campuses should be removed.” And he said: "We encourage a vigorous debate over the idea of an authority to govern the University of Wisconsin system"

Seems the real reason is to block education they don't like. All this talk about "authority over watch" and "keep education bottled". It's ugly. It's unAmerican. It's Scott Walker.

This past spring, I went fishing with one of my co-workers on my shift ; at a series of lakes in the state west of me ( North eastern part ). I let him drive from the campsite to one of the lakes we were going fishing at. He sat in the drivers seat, pushing to his right with his chest area as he drove, therefore bending the right side of my seat backwards..... and to the right. My co-workers is a fairly large statute fellow. He had no problem bending my seat back somewhat.

I believe he done it intentionally. I believe he intentionally damaged ( bent ) the drivers side seat of my truck.

Yep - I caught him, but I did not let him know I seen a thing - as "Evil begets Evil" ; and it let me know to watch him like a hawk. Me not saying anything.......let me to remember, document....or a combination of the two "ill deeds" he does in the future without him knowing I am on to him. It lets me "make a case" when he, and/or others do not think I have do not have one. Me keeping quiet also lets me have many other advantages.

Shadow 355

Colleges produced students carrying debt, $1trillion, that can never be repaid. That's a great fucking system Deany
Obama took the student loan program from banks and that saved 60 billion over 10 years that will now be availible as loans and pell grants.

Republicans vow to return it to the banks.

Obama wants to make Jr. College and Technical schools free so everyone has a shot for some kind of job creating education. And the credits can be transferred there by cutting the cost of education dramatically. Republicans plan to block such an outrage.

See? It could be a great system, but your kind will never let it happens. Fucker.

This past spring, I went fishing with one of my co-workers on my shift ; at a series of lakes in the state west of me ( North eastern part ). I let him drive from the campsite to one of the lakes we were going fishing at. He sat in the drivers seat, pushing to his right with his chest area as he drove, therefore bending the right side of my seat backwards..... and to the right. My co-workers is a fairly large statute fellow. He had no problem bending my seat back somewhat.

I believe he done it intentionally. I believe he intentionally damaged ( bent ) the drivers side seat of my truck.

Yep - I caught him, but I did not let him know I seen a thing - as "Evil begets Evil" ; and it let me know to watch him like a hawk. Me not saying anything.......let me to remember, document....or a combination of the two "ill deeds" he does in the future without him knowing I am on to him. It lets me "make a case" when he, and/or others do not think I have do not have one. Me keeping quiet also lets me have many other advantages.

Shadow 355
If you don't speak up then, you can never speak up.

(1) The Federal government has no legitimate role in public education. If you don't know why, you are - literally - ignorant. Read the Constitution.

(2) The Obama Administration (and Democrats generally) would like to keep people in school as long as possible for basically two reasons (1) to artificially reduce unemployment by keeping young adults (who can't find jobs) in school, and (2) to continue for as long as possible the political indoctrination that is part and parcel of our Public School System, which is run by leftist academics and union thugs.

(3) While Democrats see "higher education" as an End in itself, there is nothing to be gained for society by having near half of the population wasting time and money studying things that can be learned for free (by those with a sufficient interest) at the local library or on the - God forbid - internet. Someone please make a counter-argument to the proposal that every university department, and course, ending with the word, "Studies" should be abolished.

(4) A few generations ago, we had the common descriptor in the public lexicon, "college material." Many people who wanted to go to college were rejected (or quickly failed out) because they were not "college material." In Germany - a country that Libs love to talk about because college there is "free" - only about 15% of the population ends up at a university. Here it is more than 50%. Whom, exactly, are we kidding? Do we really think that half our population is "college material"? And the Obama Administration wants this percentage to be HIGHER? Good grief.

(5) The most promising avenue to success in our economy is entrepreneurship, and yet our colleges, by and large, totally ignore this fact. Indeed, a LARGE percentage of our successful entrepreneurs either never went to college, or quickly dropped out when they realized what a colossal waste of time it was (for them).

Forum List

Back