Working On The Junk Shot....

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
Vernon Davis has developed a passion for high hurdling his way down the field to extend his YAC stats. Harbaugh approves bragging about the flighty Vernon's 40" vertical leaping ability. Mr. Davis completed two such lofty manuevers in last weeks matchup.

I see a very bad ending to VD's flying over other teams players in his search for more yards.

The problem is that there are no 40 inch tall Seahawks. I'm sure it is not lost on the Seahawk secondary of VD's new trick of going vertical when faced with opponents DBs.

I forsee a very painfull reminder to Vernon that if you expose your junk too many times someone will plant a helmet where the sun don't shine and your family jewels might end up in your throat.

Look for VD to attempt flight again this Sunday with the result of him on his hands and knees puking his guts out on the field from the pain of getting his nuts crushed.

I think the Seahawks will put an end to Davis's flight plans.

In Defensive Co-ordinator Dan Quinns press conference this week it was brought up about Vernon Davis's tendency to hurdle opponents secondary players.

Quinn smiled and took notice saying ..."ya we saw that on the films and we are looking forward to him trying that in this weeks game".. :eek:.

Looks like Quinn and I are on the same page. :lol:

Because clearly, Davis is the first player to ever hurdle an opponent.....

:eusa_whistle:

No it has happened several times before but then when asked about it the coach normally rolls his eyes and suggests that the player in question would be smarter to keep his feet on the ground.

The fact of the matter is that without Vernon Davis on the field San Francisco's season is over. Hurdling players at full speed exposes the hurdling player to mindbogglingly painfull injury. Not to mention a very probable fumble if contacted with force and impact in that awkward position.

Hurdling is just plain stupid. At the speeds these corners and safties close in the NFL nowadays a reciever should want every advantage to deflect impact. For the brief moment the reciever has both feet off of the ground he has zero ability to change direction to protect himself AND THE BALL.

No it has happened several times before but then when asked about it the coach normally rolls his eyes and suggests that the player in question would be smarter to keep his feet on the ground.

The fact of the matter is that without Vernon Davis on the field San Francisco's season is over. Hurdling players at full speed exposes the hurdling player to mindbogglingly painfull injury. Not to mention a very probable fumble if contacted with force and impact in that awkward position.

Really. I don't believe I've ever noticed a coach roll his eyes and suggest a player keep his feet on the ground. Could you, perhaps, provide an instance where this has happened?

Really. I don't believe I've ever noticed a coach roll his eyes and suggest a player keep his feet on the ground. Could you, perhaps, provide an instance where this has happened?

No. Let's just hope Davis attempts to hurdle Chancellor or Sherman tomorrow. I believe the resulting collision "up in Davis's junk" should be all the evidense and reason you need.

No. Let's just hope Davis attempts to hurdle Chancellor or Sherman tomorrow. I believe the resulting collision "up in Davis's junk" should be all the evidense and reason you need.

Did you miss where Davis was tackled by his junk on a play where he didn't hurdle anyone? :eusa_whistle:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000291690/article/vernon-davis-proposes-rule-change-after-painful-tackle

Last edited:

Did you miss where Davis was tackled by his junk on a play where he didn't hurdle anyone? :eusa_whistle:

Vernon Davis proposes rule change after painful tackle - NFL.com

What's his proposal..??? A universal "safe word" ..???? :lol: