Women with hyphenated last names...

archangel said:
If a girl wants to include her family name as it is on her birth certificate...or a guy for that matter...what is the big deal anyway..can we get past the ego trip and control factor here...if a gal I meet and maybe decide to marry... ya think I would be upset if she loved her family name and wanted to keep it..no way Jose...would at least realize she was a happy camper in her past life.....geez!..Those who oppose this seem to have many hidden issues...IMO
Oh my God...A host of angels has descended from the heavens and is singing "Hallelujah!" right now because for once, I actually agree with Archangel. Everyone take note because this is a once in a lifetime thing like a solar eclipse or a sasquatch sighting.:banana:

Eh, I don't have a problem with the hyphenated women. Most of the time, it's due to name recognition. A famous model or actress can't just drop her last name, as that would hurt name recognition. Some simply do the normal thing and bump their last name up to the middle name and start using their full name in public. Some instead go with the hyphenated version. Personally, I think it's better than those Hollywood brats who don't take their husbands' names at all. I mean, it's not and never was Jennifer Aniston (-) Pitt, it just stayed Jennifer Aniston.

Hobbit said:
Eh, I don't have a problem with the hyphenated women. Most of the time, it's due to name recognition. A famous model or actress can't just drop her last name, as that would hurt name recognition. Some simply do the normal thing and bump their last name up to the middle name and start using their full name in public. Some instead go with the hyphenated version. Personally, I think it's better than those Hollywood brats who don't take their husbands' names at all. I mean, it's not and never was Jennifer Aniston (-) Pitt, it just stayed Jennifer Aniston.

I took my husband's name at 24, took mine back at 38. I doubt very much I'll change again, regardless of circumstances. For one, I like my name and have published under it. For two, :) can't see a reason since no children would come of any such relations.

Forum List

Back