Woman who says Roy Moore dated her at 17 shares note he allegedly wrote

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
She came forward because Moore called her a liar.

Debbie Gibson, who said she dated Senate candidate Roy Moore when she was 17 and he was 34, has come forward with a graduation card that Roy Moore allegedly wrote to her as evidence of their relationship, the Washington Post reports. The note on the card reads, "Happy graduation Debbie. I wanted to give you this card myself. I know that you'll be a success in anything you do. Roy."

Why this matters: Since the Post first reported on allegations against Moore from 4 women, 4 more have come forward. Gibson says she decided to come forward after Moore denied knowing any of the women featured in news reports and in an interview with Sean Hannity denied ever dating Gibson. "He called me a liar," Gibson told the post. "Roy Moore made an egregious mistake to attack that one thing — my integrity." The Moore campaign did not respond to numerous requests from the Post for comment for this story.

Are you seriously pretending some unsubstantiated 40yr old accusations should be considered?

Debbie Gibson, who said she dated Senate candidate Roy Moore when she was 17 and he was 34, has come forward with a graduation card that Roy Moore allegedly wrote to her as evidence of their relationship, the Washington Post reports. The note on the card reads, "Happy graduation Debbie. I wanted to give you this card myself. I know that you'll be a success in anything you do. Roy."

Why this matters: Since the Post first reported on allegations against Moore from 4 women, 4 more have come forward. Gibson says she decided to come forward after Moore denied knowing any of the women featured in news reports and in an interview with Sean Hannity denied ever dating Gibson. "He called me a liar," Gibson told the post. "Roy Moore made an egregious mistake to attack that one thing — my integrity." The Moore campaign did not respond to numerous requests from the Post for comment for this story.
Age of consent is 16.

Shortly after the allegations first surfaced, Moore said in a radio interview with Sean Hannity that he did not know Corfman, but that he remembered Gibson as well as Gloria Thacker Deason, who had told The Post that she dated Moore when she was 18. He called each one “a good girl,” and said that he did not remember dating them.

"Shortly after the allegations first surfaced, Moore said in a radio interview with Sean Hannity that he did not know Corfman, but that he remembered Gibson as well as Gloria Thacker Deason, who had told The Post that she dated Moore when she was 18. He called each one “a good girl,” and said that he did not remember dating them."

Woman shares new evidence of relationship with Roy Moore when she was 17

Dating a young woman of 17 is not illegal and sending a very nice graduation card is absolutely not evidence of any wrong doing at all. In fact, it is all evidence of a very nice gentleman.

Only two accusers of sexual misconduct. The other women apart form Deason and Gibson said they turned him down for dates. That's not sexual misconduct. Pfffffffffft accusing a man now of asking them out for a date 40 years ago is criminal?

That's whacked out.

I certainly can't blame her. Every woman wants to be unforgettable, memorable. It is wounding to hear from a man you once dated that he does not remember you at all but it happens.

Dating a young woman of 17 is not illegal and sending a very nice graduation card is absolutely not evidence of any wrong doing at all. In fact, it is all evidence of a very nice gentleman.
Moore denied knowing any of his accusers. Debbie Gibson didn't like that.

Both Deason and Gibson were complimentary about Moore. Not sure what's gotten Gibson's knickers in a twist now. Maybe she heard or read comments out of context. Because he was complimentary of her and Deason in the Hannity interview.

She didn't accuse him of jack shit. Hence he was not calling her or Deason liars. He was calling his accusers of sexual misconduct liars.

He did not deny knowing her. He said she was a good girl and didn't remember dating her. Yet, dating HIM meant enough to her to keep a graduation card that he sent. Not a bit of this is improper conduct at all. It is very proper conduct. Saying "I know you will be a success in anything that you do" is a very far cry from "nice ass".

Here she held onto that card for 40 years. Did she feel that he broke her heart?

Never heard of axios, where’s a picture of this note?

Forum List

Back