Woman Comes Out of 20-Year Coma

freeandfun1

VIP Member
Feb 14, 2004
Woman Comes Out of 20-Year Coma

A Kansas family says it's nothing short of a miracle. A daughter who had been in a coma for 20 years after being hit by a drunk driver is awake and talking.

Sarah Scantlin of Hutchinson, Kan. was just 18 years old when she was struck by a car as she walked across a parking lot.

This week she woke up and began speaking.

Sarah's father, James Scantlin, says his wife was with Sarah in the hospital when she woke up, and called him with the exciting news:

"I'll be darned, she's not talking about Sarah, she's talking to her! I got on the phone and she said 'Hi, dad.' "

Scantlin says he never thought he'd hear those words or see this day:

"You don't want to give up hope, but you think it's a hopeless situation."

But, he says, the wait was worth it:

"When she said 'Hi mom, hi dad,' I mean it was heaven. Heaven opened up again."

If those that support euthanasia had their way, she would have been KILLED years ago.

You know i cant imagine what her life is going to be like now. losing 20 years is alot of time. the rest of her life is tough. But atleast she is around to live the rest of it.

You know i cant imagine what her life is going to be like now. losing 20 years is alot of time. the rest of her life is tough. But atleast she is around to live the rest of it.

Can you imagine the joy her parents feel after being willing to endure the suffering for 20 years ???

Forum List

Back