Wolves, Ostriches, and Eagles

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
The Republican Wolves ad is a brilliant winner! The liberals are having fits about it. If you haven't seen it yet you can find it at this progressive website where you can also find links to the famous LBJ "Daisy" ad and the Reagan "Bear" ad for some historical perspective.
http://www.bushout.tv/archives/924.html

In response to the Wolves ad, the Democritters put out the Ostrich & Eagle ad. I was definitely a ScreamingEagle when I saw that Kerry had co-opted the Bald Eagle! Kerry's actually a buzzard in disguise!
You can find that ad here: http://www.democrats.org/eagle/index.html

I heard the Dems pulled the Eagle ad because people thought the eagle was George W. and the ostrich was John Kerry. Has anyone seen the Dems eagle/ostrich ad on tv lately in your area? It has been removed from the telecasts in our area. Now we are being bombarded with the ammo dump ad, which curiously began airing very soon after the NYT story broke.

That was the point of using the word "curiously". I certainly believe that the NYT, CBS and the Kerry Campaign are coordinating their efforts to defeat Bush/Cheney. You can tell that there is contact and discussion going on. Too many "coincidences" to make one believe otherwise. But then they think we are all too dumb to catch on to this.

Zhukov said:
It's only curious if you aren't already completely convinced the Kerry campaign and the media are in cahoots.

I'm fully aware that some news organizations (I won't say the blanket term "media" because there are hundreds of outlets that don't slant one way or the other) who slant left, some only a little bit, some significantly.

However, to say that "the media" is in cahoots with the Kerry campaign doesn't really hold much water for me. Is there any documented connection between a specific news outlet "coordinating" with John Kerry's people?

And can we please stop saying "the media". Its grossly inaccurate and irresponsible.. "the man" is comin' to get us!

Run E.T.! "The government" is coming!

Adam's Apple said:
I heard the Dems pulled the Eagle ad because people thought the eagle was George W. and the ostrich was John Kerry.

You just made my day! :beer:

nakedemperor said:
I'm fully aware that some news organizations (I won't say the blanket term "media" because there are hundreds of outlets that don't slant one way or the other) who slant left, some only a little bit, some significantly.

However, to say that "the media" is in cahoots with the Kerry campaign doesn't really hold much water for me. Is there any documented connection between a specific news outlet "coordinating" with John Kerry's people?

And can we please stop saying "the media". Its grossly inaccurate and irresponsible.. "the man" is comin' to get us!

Run E.T.! "The government" is coming!

So your telling me if the WSJ and FOX broke a story that Bush was stumping that same day, you wouldnt be suspicious?

Kerry was out that same day stumping that Bush was incompetant for the missing weapons that were gone before we arrived. Avoiding the most recent flip-flop of saying there werent any WMDs at all to calling Bush incompetant for not securing what was already gone, Kerry's immediate information loop seemed too convieniant. Kerry even quoted it as "The NYT reports..." when they broke it that same day. So he rewrote his stump speeches for the day to include that? The Kerry campaign has also said they have a commercial ready to go on the air within a day of the news breaking regarding this ridiculous story. Pretty fast to shoot, edit, and send off to the various news outlets for consumption.

You seem to be an intelligent person NE, but your very naive when it comes to these obvious things.

Adam's Apple said:
I heard the Dems pulled the Eagle ad because people thought the eagle was George W. and the ostrich was John Kerry. Has anyone seen the Dems eagle/ostrich ad on tv lately in your area? It has been removed from the telecasts in our area. Now we are being bombarded with the ammo dump ad, which curiously began airing very soon after the NYT story broke.

Nope. Saw it on FNC of all places this afternoon.

first:
nakedemperor said:
can we please stop saying "the media". Its grossly inaccurate and irresponsible

I'm just getting sick of typing "the liberal mass media", so I'm paraphrasing. We all know who I'm talking about: the big three networks, every major city's primary newspaper, and every cable news network except FOX.

Grossly inaccurate? How about slightly?

Is there any documented connection between a specific news outlet "coordinating" with John Kerry's people?

Well, let me answer you're question with another question: How is it that John Kerry already had a campaign commercial made and being broadcast less than two days after the NYT broke this 380 ton story?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,132820,00.html

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,132996,00.html

This is not a documented connection, but just read this:

This article has been corrected from the version published in the newspaper and online Friday morning to reflect that Bill Burkett was referring to conversations with CBS when he said, "They tried to convince me as to why I should give them the documents." The earlier version incorrectly reported that he had discussed the documents with Joe Lockhart of the Kerry campaign.

The source of a discredited CBS News report said Thursday that he did not coordinate the release of disputed documents with John Kerry's campaign.

First of all the guy, Burkett, is a liar. That's been pretty much established. Second, they, in error, reported he had discussed the documents with the Kerry campaign, and, in error, they named who in the campaign he had talked to. Well that's a pretty big error. You can make up your own mind.

Forum List

Back