Wolf brand hotdog sauce needs help...any ideas?

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
I picked up some Wolf Hotdog Sauce (think hotdog chili) and it is not very good. It tastes like burnt and not much else. Trying to figure out what to try to do to it to make it palatable.

Any ideas?

Screenshot_20231004-181158-150.png

Screenshot_20231004-181554-693.png

Just an FYI...don't buy this.

I picked up some Wolf Hotdog Sauce (think hotdog chili) and it is not very good. It tastes like burnt and not much else. Trying to figure out what to try to do to it to make it palatable.

Any ideas?

View attachment 838280

View attachment 838281

I agree. I ordered some of that because i had heard that it was top notch, but it sucks.

Stagg Chili is my favorite. I like "Stagg Country Brand" on chili dogs, even though it does have beans in it.

Amazon product

There are multiple recipes on internet for Texas chili. There are boxed sets for same if you are not adventurous.

Seriously, canned chili is only ok for fast chili dogs.
Agreed. That's exactly what I bought this for. Just something quick.

Even Walmart brand and Canterbury Hotdog Sauce is better than this.

Wolf's regular chili in the can isn't bad...so I thought this would be a safe bet. Noooope.

Mrs MO makes the best homemade chili...I don't even try anymore.

Agreed. That's exactly what I bought this for. Just something quick.

Even Walmart brand and Canterbury Hotdog Sauce is better than this.

Wolf's regular chili in the can isn't bad...so I thought this would be a safe bet. Noooope.

Mrs MO makes the best homemade chili...I don't even try anymore.
I loved my mom's chili, unfortunately she didn't have a recipe and I couldn't ever replicate it, so I don't get good home made chili anymore. My chili SUCKS.

Any ideas?

View attachment 838280

View attachment 838281

Leave if off. Put some mustard on your hot dog

Small portion experiment and Try a little brown sugar, and garlic and onion powder, maybe little cummin unless your burnt taste is red pepper or cummin then skip that.

Forum List

Back