Wisconsin deficit is a made-up crisis

shintao

Take Down ~ Tap Out
Aug 27, 2010
Is Governor Walker using Fuzzy Math?

1. The deficit is a made-up crisis.
Like most states, Wisconsin is struggling in the recession, but the state government isn’t actually broke. The state legislature’s fiscal bureau estimated the state would end the year with a $121 million balance. Walker claims there is a $137 million deficit — but it is not because of an increase in worker wages or benefits. According to the Capital Times, it is because “Walker and his allies pushed through $140 million in new spending for corporate and special-interest groups in January.” Nice. A man-made “crisis” as an excuse to push neoliberal cutbacks: Shock Doctrine, anyone?

2. Even if there was a deficit, blame Wall Street — not the workers.
The economy isn’t crumbling because state workers in Madison have decent pensions. It’s because Wall Street bankers stole our money, Bush and now Obama have us in two trillion-dollar wars, and states like Wisconsin keep spending more on prisons than schools. What do the rich pay? According to the Wisconsin Department of Revenue, corporate tax income has fallen by half since 1981 and over two-thirds of Wisconsin corporations pay zero taxes.

Sadly, Scott "I barely even know David Koch!" Walker's friends are jumping ship.

Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels (R), today:

I'm not sending the state police after anybody. I'm not gonna divert a single trooper from their job of protection the Indiana public. I trust that people's consciences will bring them back to work. ... For reasons I've explained more than once I thought there was a better time and place to have this very important and legitimate issue raised.

Florida Gov. Rick Scott (R), today:

My belief is as long as people know what they’re doing, collective bargaining is fine.

When the GOP recruited this clown to run for office, didn't they give him a heads up that its fucking stupid to attack firefighters, teacher, and nurses in the middle of a recession that was actually caused by banksters, billionaire tycoons, and wall street?

Last edited:
Facts.

Republicans can't handle them unless it helps their argument.

Let's see shitzo, you claim that the state is solvent but you would agree that the republican governor's response would be correct ...if the state was broke?

Report on Wisconsin’s budget deficit contains hidden costs
$2.2 billion deficit balloons to $3.3 billion without assumed spending cuts
By Jason Stein of the Journal Sentinel

Nov. 19, 2010

Madison — Democratic Gov. Jim Doyle's administration on Friday told Republican Governor-elect Scott Walker that he would have to cope with a $2.2 billion deficit in the state's upcoming two-year budget, but this brighter-than-expected forecast contained more than $1 billion in hidden pain.To arrive at the favorable estimate, the Doyle administration's estimate assumed that Walker and lawmakers would make spending cuts that have yet to actually happen - two more years of state employee furloughs, no pay raises, a virtual hiring freeze and belt tightening in state health programs. Without that $1.1 billion in savings, the state's projected shortfall rises to $3.3 billion - a significant increase over previous estimates that put the gap at between $2.7 billion and $3.1 billion.
Report on Wisconsin

Report on Wisconsin’s budget deficit contains hidden costs
$2.2 billion deficit balloons to $3.3 billion without assumed spending cuts
By Jason Stein of the Journal Sentinel

Nov. 19, 2010

Madison — Democratic Gov. Jim Doyle's administration on Friday told Republican Governor-elect Scott Walker that he would have to cope with a $2.2 billion deficit in the state's upcoming two-year budget, but this brighter-than-expected forecast contained more than $1 billion in hidden pain.To arrive at the favorable estimate, the Doyle administration's estimate assumed that Walker and lawmakers would make spending cuts that have yet to actually happen - two more years of state employee furloughs, no pay raises, a virtual hiring freeze and belt tightening in state health programs. Without that $1.1 billion in savings, the state's projected shortfall rises to $3.3 billion - a significant increase over previous estimates that put the gap at between $2.7 billion and $3.1 billion.
Report on Wisconsin
And these are the same kind of cuts the Wisc. Protesters are fighting against amirite?

:lol:
Couldn't find a more partisan link than "Progressives for Obama"???

You're such a fucking tool
:cuckoo:

I didn't catch what was your problem with the link whoreshit? Does it only work on FoxViews for you? LMAO!:cuckoo:

Couldn't find a more partisan link than "Progressives for Obama"???

You're such a fucking tool
:cuckoo:

I didn't catch what was your problem with the link whoreshit? Does it only work on FoxViews for you? LMAO!:cuckoo:
Here, Skidmark.

From your bullshit link:
Walker just put forth a bill that would destroy the unions that represent teachers, social workers, and over 100,000 public employees. He’s also making huge cuts to schools, health care, public transportation, and anything that actually helps people live. Want more crazy? Walker ordered the National Guard to get ready to respond to a strike or any resistance to his plan

A steaming pile of unsubstantiated drivel.

Destroy unions? How?
What cuts, exactly?
WNG called in? Really?

Any proof of any of this shit?

Forum List

Back