Wiretapping Supporter Gets Wiretapped?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by auditor0007, Apr 22, 2009.

1. auditor0007

auditor0007 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,218
    Congresswoman Angry Over WiretapCNN
    posted: 32 MINUTES AGOcomments: 0filed under: National News, Political NewsPrintShareText SizeAAAWASHINGTON (April 22)- A key Democrat who reportedly was overheard on a National Security Agency wiretap discussing a deal with a suspected Israeli agent has called the wiretap an "abuse of power."

Harman Wiretap

Whichever side you may stand on this issue, this is friggin hilarious. Read the entire story.

2. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,051
    I wouldn't think as a ranking member on the House intelligence Committee she should have a problem with this. When people go into a public position they have opened themselves up to scrutiny of everything they do.

3. rayboyusmc

rayboyusmc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +338
    That is total bullshit. Unless they are supspected of something, they, like any of US, have the right not to be wiretapped.

What they hell kind of country do you want?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. auditor0007

auditor0007 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,218
    What is funny is that she supports this until it comes to her. Then to top it off, Alberto Gonzalez calls off an investigation into her dealings because of her support for it.

5. auditor0007

auditor0007 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,218
    She wasn't the one they were interested in listening to. But apparently, she may have said some things that changed their minds. I just think it's hilarious.

6. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,439
    If they had a warrant for their intended target, I don't have a problem with it....

if there was no warrant for the intended target, I DO have a problem with it.

Why hysterical? Did she think warrantless wiretaps were ok? (I really have no idea, you apparently do based on the OP).

7. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,051
    One where the leaders are fully aware that they are no better than the peasants that they rule over. One that they are fully subject to the same laws of the country just like anyone else out here.

Wire tapping is fine as long as it is you and not me is fairly classic. It is fine and dandy among certain leaders to let somone else's privacy be invaded yet they are above that? If my phone can be tapped and I have absolutely no affilliations or power of any kind why not hers? Be realistic here. I'm just a little ole nobody. She was on a national security committee.

8. auditor0007

auditor0007 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,218
    That's why you needed to read the entire story. Yes, she supported illegal wiretaps, that is until it came to her being tapped. Although it is not 100% clear, the wiretaps were said to be legal. I'm not certain if that means they had warrants or they were legal because they said they were.

The funniest thing though, is that the FBI was going to investigate her over some of her statements, but they did not to because of pressure from the Justice Department. The JD didn't want her investigated because she supported the warrantless wiretapping program.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  9. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,051

10. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,618
    Heard this woman on the radio.

She actually was offended that she was the subject of an investigation and wasn't WARNED that she was.

Does she really think when people are under investigation we all get a call from the authorities?

You could here her arrogant outrage that she was being treated just like a CITIZEN.

This is the problem with signing onto BAD LAWS.

Sooner or later those bad laws come back to bite the people who though they didn't apply to THEM.

If she was selling her influence?

Hang her.

I am so sick of this classist application of the law and I am completely sick to death of the Congress selling their votes to foreign powers.

We not a nation anymore, we're a host for parasites.