Oxford scientist, "Wind power fails..."

....on every front"

Eminent Oxford Scientist Says Wind Power "Fails On Every Count" | ZeroHedge

I learned some new stuff here!

A great read...basically what the guy says is that if you support the use of wind power, you're deficient in reasoned judgement.:coffee:
Ok, Ok, it's awful. Does that mean Texas should give up the 92.9 Terawatts they are generating using wind power down there, and find some other way to make up the deficit?
How about Iowa? Iowa gets 58% of the power generated and used in their state from wind.
What are you proposing to do, to make these people quit getting their power from wind for their own good?

Last edited:
Ok, Ok, it's awful. Does that mean Texas should give up the 92.9 Terawatts they are generating using wind power down there, and find some other way to make up the deficit?
How about Iowa? Iowa gets 58% of the power generated and used in their state from wind.
What are you proposing to do, to make these people quit for getting their power from wind for their own good?

The existence of them in Texas was the dominant cause of the power outage.

:)

What are you proposing to do, to make these people quit getting their power from wind for their own good?

I only care about who's not winning?!!

Solar/wind provide 7% of US grid electricity...Whoooops :deal: According to the EIA btw...

happy_man_laughing_7.jpg

Build a few nukes.

The existence of them in Texas was the dominant cause of the power outage.

:)
No. Not installing heated wind turbines because it was cheaper and having pretty loose regulations on their power producers did. That is between them and their legislators, but 92.9 Terawatts is pretty hard to argue with. Don't move there if you don't trust their grid until they give up all that money and all that wind power. I'm not, but it doesn't bother me.

No. Not installing heated wind turbines because it was cheaper and having pretty loose regulations on their power producers did. That is between them and their legislators, but 92.9 Terawatts is pretty hard to argue with. Don't move there if you don't trust their grid until they give up all that money and all that wind power. I'm not, but it doesn't bother me.

They didn't because we were told for decades now of a big waaaaarming boom is coming on us.... :) and that such cold weather was exceptional that year.

The cost of power has gone up a lot and that it is HARDER to maintain the grid because wind power is variable which can blow power lines.

The more wind is added they have to add the 24/7 base power to cope with erratic wind power production effects.

How much did it cost to produce those 92.9 terrawatts?

I only care about who's not winning?!!

Solar/wind provide 7% of US grid electricity...Whoooops :deal: According to the EIA btw...

View attachment 769869
I don't know about solar but you may be off on the estimate that solar and wind combined are 7% of total us power generation, at least according to EIA estimate.
1679883426187.png

On April 10, 2019, daily electricity generation from wind turbines in the United States (excluding Alaska and Hawaii) reached a high of 1.42 million MWh. That record stood for a year and a half before it was surpassed on several days in November and December 2020. Wind electricity generation reached 1.76 million MWh on December 23, or about 17% of total electricity generation on that day. On average, EIA estimates that wind accounted for 9% of US electricity generation in 2020.

I don't know about solar but you may be off on the estimate that solar and wind combined are 7% of total us power generation, at least according to EIA estimate.
View attachment 769879

On April 10, 2019, daily electricity generation from wind turbines in the United States (excluding Alaska and Hawaii) reached a high of 1.42 million MWh. That record stood for a year and a half before it was surpassed on several days in November and December 2020. Wind electricity generation reached 1.76 million MWh on December 23, or about 17% of total electricity generation on that day. On average, EIA estimates that wind accounted for 9% of US electricity generation in 2020.
AT....WHAT.....COST?

AT....WHAT.....COST?
Restate your question, please. Are you asking the cost per kilowatt-hour or the cost in birds chopped up, what? If your are talking costs per Kwh, than guess between 2 and 6 cents per kilowatt-hour. You will have to clarifie the question if we are going to get into esoteric costs. I just look up actual data.

....on every front"

Eminent Oxford Scientist Says Wind Power "Fails On Every Count" | ZeroHedge

I learned some new stuff here!

A great read...basically what the guy says is that if you support the use of wind power, you're deficient in reasoned judgement.:coffee:
You left out an adjective. Eminent EMERITUS Oxford Scientist...

Your article would have done better to stick with what the man said. Running off into bird deaths and whales simply identifies the author as subjective and uninformed.

Forum List

Back