Wilma!!!!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by rcajun90, Oct 20, 2005.

1. rcajun90

rcajun90 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40
    God Bless South Florida! It's a cat. 4 but predicted to become a 5 again today. :smoke:

2. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,153
    Has there ever been a storm with a W name before?

And while I know alot of the scientists say that hurricanes have a cyclical pattern and at some times will be harsher than others, what exactly is the historic precedent for three category 5 hurricanes hitting the US in a season? Not only just three, but all 3 of them are within the top six strongest hurricanes ever. Wilma is now the worst Hurricane in the history of hurricanes in regards to strength.

3. rcajun90

rcajun90 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40

I can't give you any real data. But I've run from these things all my life and I can never recall a season with so many freakishly big storms. Heck I had started to not even respect the things. I didn't want to evacuate for Katrina until I saw how damn big the thing was and it was a cat. 5

4. theim

theim Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +234
    I wonder what Bush is plotting with this one? There aren't as many black people in Florida as there are in New Orleans...

Unless his REAL plan is to send a hurricane towards a mostly white area, to make people THINK he didn't send Katrina to kill black people! And Wilma will still probly kill some black people, just less than the white people, so the idiot Americans will still think it was just a "natural occurance"! That clever sonofabitch!!

On another note, anyone see South Park last night? They had a hilarious Hurricane Katrina/Day After Tomorrow spoof.

5. Nienna

Nienna Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +333
    I think it's Bush's attempt to save Social Security. You know, knock off some of those old people in the retirement villages, and you can cut down on a lot of payouts!

6. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    Wait---you mean it isn't the Russians controlling it with one of those giant electromagnets strategically placed under the aurora borealis?

7. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    obviously Wilma is a backhanded slap sent by the Bush administration to remind all the Hispanics in Florida what he could do if they don't support his immigration policies...oh wait, there are no immigration policies!

Never mind.

8. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616
    It wasn't until 1961 and satellites that we were able to name every storm, before that many were missed as those in the ocean were never counted unless a ship reported the storm.

However in 1933 there were 21 named storms in the Atlantic region, a record only recently matched in 2005. This means that with missed storms it is likely that 1933 was even worse than this year by a good margin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tropical_storm

9. rcajun90

rcajun90 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40
    It looks today like Wilma will peter out to a cat.2 Which would be awesome for FLA. :clap1:

10. sitarro

sitarro Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,001
    Even with all that has happened you still don't have a clue about hurricanes do you? I now see why you would be satisfied with living where you do, you just don't GET IT.