Will you try Chrome OS?

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
If I had the desire to spend the time to do it, I would have already compiled it on a box just to check it out....

Already trying it. It has potential for smaller screens, but I prefer a more robust OS. It does boot fast though, which makes it good for when I need to get to something fast, when it works.

Already trying it. It has potential for smaller screens, but I prefer a more robust OS. It does boot fast though, which makes it good for when I need to get to something fast, when it works.

That is what attracts me.
I have 3 older laptops, two have ubuntu - one runs mint.
I'm thinking when I am on the road and want to do quick email checks etc...a box that boots in 7 seconds is perfect.

That is what attracts me.
I have 3 older laptops, two have ubuntu - one runs mint.
I'm thinking when I am on the road and want to do quick email checks etc...a box that boots in 7 seconds is perfect.

It is good for that. There are a couple of small Linux distros that work better though, because they are completely stable, and you can add drivers and other programs. If you want to try out Chrome OS you can download it and run it virtually. I have a USB version I play with, and it works on any computer that you can boot from USB. If you want to play with it here is the info.

Download Google Chrome OS and Run it from a USB Drive

Maybe. :eusa_think:

I've got an older laptop, running Ubuntu, and am on the Chrome browser right now. The GUI for the browser and I what I've seen of the OS are both similar--so that's a plus, at least. The only time I'm on the computer is when I'm on the interwebs, and my understanding is that's what this OS is orientated for.

I will try it once google releases it on whatever hardware they are developing it for, don't see a reason to run it on Intel though

Forum List

Back