Wikileak Cable On Muslims in Britian

On a positive note, Muslims rate higher then all but 3 of the other non-human animal species England is keeping track of.

How medieval.
Not even Medieval. Classical actually. I was corrected, the 6th Century codified. Barely into the dark ages when Islam was actually the technological light of the world. Of course we'd be back to that level of tech if they have their way.

(1) There real number is close to 3 million 5% of the population
It is probable that the current UK Jewish population is 280,000

Where are the Jewish Law courts? Where are the demands for no pig pictures? They don't eat pork either.

Not a valid comparison.

Good that you changed your toilet paper star of David. Glad I could make you see reason.

There are Jewish courts in the UK... same set up as with Islamic courts... if both parties want to use their courts, fine. If either party does not, then it goes into the UK system. It has worked perfectly well.

You understand that if a woman refuses to accept and abide by sharia court rulings she will be ostracized and abused by the only community she knows.

Sharia law’s civil code is arbitrary and discriminatory against women and children in particular. With the rise in the acceptance of Sharia courts, discrimination is being further institutionalised with some UK law firms additionally offering clients advice on Sharia law and the use of collaborative law.

Sharia law is practiced in Britain primarily by Sharia Councils and Muslims Arbitration Tribunals. Both operate on religious principles and are harmful to women although Muslim Arbitration Tribunals are wrongly regarded as being of more concern because they operate as tribunals under the Arbitration Act 1996, making their rulings binding in law.

Sharia Councils, on the other hand, claim to mediate on family issues but in practice often this differs little from arbitration: they frequently ask those appearing before them to sign an agreement to abide by their decisions; they call themselves courts, and the presiding imams, judges. Their decisions are then imposed and regarded as having the weight of legal judgements.

There is neither control over the appointment of “judges” in Sharia Councils or Tribunals nor an independent mechanism for monitoring them. Clients often do not have access to legal advice and representation. The proceedings are not recorded, nor are there any searchable legal judgements, nor any real right of appeal.

Sharia law cannot be compared to secular legal systems because it is considered sacred law that cannot be challenged. There is no scope to look at the interests of the individuals involved, as required by UK family law.

These legal processes ignore both common law and due process, far less Human Rights, and provide little protection and safety for women in violent situations.

There is a general assumption that those who attend Sharia courts do so voluntarily and that unfair decisions can be challenged in a British court. Many of the principles of Sharia law are contrary to British law and public policy, and would in theory therefore be unlikely to be upheld in a British court. In reality, however, women are often pressured by their families into going to these courts and adhering to unfair decisions, and may lack knowledge of English and their rights under British law. Moreover, refusal to settle a dispute in a Sharia court can give rise to threats and intimidation, or at best being ostracised

http://www.onelawforall.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/New-Report-Sharia-Law-in-Britain.pdf

Last edited:
My neighbor is having a serious culture clash. There are Muslims across the street and everyone got along fine until he got a sweet puppy. When the puppy gets out and comes over in a friendly way, the little girl completely freaks out and jumps on cars so as not to be touched. The mom has called the police and says if her little girl hurts herself escaping the puppy, she'll sue.

So I guess we can't have dogs any more because their mere existence is a threat. (The majority of Muslims, not all, believe dogs are unclean and fear touching them)
Maybe she is just a little kid that is afraid of dogs.

One of my daughters was scared of butterflies until she was about 6 or 7 years old. :eusa_angel:

No, muslims don't fear dogs and are not afraid to touch or pet them.

But the slaiva of a dog is considered unclean.

So if a dog licks or slobers on a muslim person.

They have to do a complete ritural washing before they can pray. :cool:

Oh she's afraid of them, she's been told her whole life not to go near them. Not because they're viscious, not because they're threatening, just because they're dogs, friendly or not.

Ticks me off that they'd be exposed to a lawsuit because, in fact, the terror of a puppy got loose, oh my.

That means they are culpable for anything that happens. And the little girl clearly loves the attention.

THAT is a culture clash. Everyone has a right to their own space, but it stinks that that means beware if you think of getting a pet.

Oh she's afraid of them, she's been told her whole life not to go near them. Not because they're viscious, not because they're threatening, just because they're dogs, friendly or not.

I always told my children to stay away from dogs; even friendly neighbors dogs.

You never know when lovable Fido could lose it and attack a child.

So in my family we had a zero tolerance for dogs that didn't belong to our family.

Nothing to do with religion.

Just common sense. :cool:

S
(3) London is 38% Muslim and will be 50%+ by 2025,

-- People with Muslim backgrounds are most concentrated in
London (38% of the total UK Muslim population) and other
large urban areas, including the West Midlands (14% of the
Muslim population), the North West (13%), and Yorkshire and
the Humber (12%). Within these areas, Muslims are highly
concentrated spatially. Muslims make up 8% of the population
of London overall
, but 36% of the Tower Hamlets area and 24%

G, try and get your facts right. The first bold is what you said, the second and third bold are what the cable said. Two hugely different things...

Britain has become a nation of Wimps. Their leaders are the biggest Wimps of all. Has anyone seen their last Three Prime Ministers? My God,Margaret Thatcher had more balls than Blair,Brown,and Cameron combined. A nation led by Wimps will always be Wimps. Time for Britain to dump their weak PC Wuss "leaders."

Forum List

Back