Why?

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
Companies put their logos/names on almost everything we wear, drive or use yet we don't demand endorsement contracts, providing defacto, free advertising. Hell, some idiots pay high prices just to be seen in or using certain brands. If you're not getting paid to 'sport' these products, why are you wearing, driving and using them?

Companies put their logos/names on almost everything we wear, drive or use yet we don't demand endorsement contracts, providing defacto, free advertising. Hell, some idiots pay high prices just to be seen in or using certain brands. If you're not getting paid to 'sport' these products, why are you wearing, driving and using them?

I do not. I always cut the big labels off of Jeans when I got them. And never wore branded T shirts and such. Every new car I have bought came with the stipulation that no dealer logo was to be on the car or I would not buy it.

It desire to wer a shirt saying Kalvin Klein or somesuch on it links into the need for an authoratarian figure in your life.

I do not. I always cut the big labels off of Jeans when I got them. And never wore branded T shirts and such. Every new car I have bought came with the stipulation that no dealer logo was to be on the car or I would not buy it.It desire to wer a shirt saying Kalvin Klein or somesuch on it links into the need for an authoratarian figure in your life.

:clap2: Yep... me too :lol:

I do not. I always cut the big labels off of Jeans when I got them. And never wore branded T shirts and such. Every new car I have bought came with the stipulation that no dealer logo was to be on the car or I would not buy it.

It desire to wer a shirt saying Kalvin Klein or somesuch on it links into the need for an authoratarian figure in your life.

What about demanding a car from the manufacturer without the name or logo prominently visible on said vehicle or being paid to own the vehicle in exchange for 'advertising' everywhere you drive?

I actually had one dealer who tried to screw me on that. I told him no logo, paid for the car and came back later to pick it up and they had drilled 2 holes in the trunk and put their logo on it.

I told him I was calling the police to make a charge of damaging/defacing private property.
He laughed but then got worried and called someone else. The short of it is they had to order me an exact match for my car and it had no logo on it.

I like handbags a lot but when they put their name all over the bag, I hate it. I think Gucci started that. I do like it when they just put a small gold plate or chain with their brand on it or some small indicator that it is their particular brand.

It's cool.

My clothes are rather classic, I really don't like shopping all that much so I buy things that will last a long time and never go out of style. I'm not one to buy a t-shirt or jeans with a brand name big enough to cover your entire butt or chest. I do once in awhile but not usually.

What about demanding a car from the manufacturer without the name or logo prominently visible on said vehicle or being paid to own the vehicle in exchange for 'advertising' everywhere you drive?

would be fine with me. But who would buy a Mercedes or BMW without the logo? :D

I hate constructions/workers sign's. You know when the painter is painting your house they put up a sign. So and so's painting company.

We were having work done and the first thing they did was slap up a sign. We asked them to take it down, and the answer was no. We asked why and they said they "always" put up a sign. I asked them to take 20% off of the bill for "advertising". They were a bit shocked. they of course said no. Then is when i TOLD them to take the sign down or they lose the job. The sign came down.

Same for real estate people. They leave that damn sign up on sold houses forever! First thing we did when we took possession was to knock that damn thing out of the ground. The agent called in a panic "where is my sign?!?" We told them to come and pick it up or it was going out in the next garbage. :lol:

If someone wants me to advertise for them, they damn well better pay me for it.

I would, unless they paid me to advertise. I have talked with a specific auto manufacturer once about ordering an 'unmarked vehicle'. The extra cost would be the same or more as replacing those brand names with aftermarket parts.

I like handbags a lot but when they put their name all over the bag, I hate it. I think Gucci started that. I do like it when they just put a small gold plate or chain with their brand on it or some small indicator that it is their particular brand.

It's cool.

My clothes are rather classic, I really don't like shopping all that much so I buy things that will last a long time and never go out of style. I'm not one to buy a t-shirt or jeans with a brand name big enough to cover your entire butt or chest. I do once in awhile but not usually.

Me too. I love my purses. But i wont buy the ones with huge logo prints fabric. They just look tacky to me. They usual come with a small tag and i remove it. :)

I would, unless they paid me to advertise. I have talked with a specific auto manufacturer once about ordering an 'unmarked vehicle'. The extra cost would be the same or more as replacing those brand names with aftermarket parts.

You do know the difference between a BMW and a Porcupine don't ya?

I don't. I've refused to wear anything with a company's logo for decades.

Unless it's Amiga. I've been using my Amiga coffee cup since around 1985.

Forum List

Back