Why would Flynn's layers CUT all ties with the WH ???

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nat4900, Nov 24, 2017.

1. nat4900

nat4900 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,014
    While right wingers on here "demand proof" of what Mueller may be doing, the wily special prosecutor is slowly and surely building a strong case against Trump.......MOSTLY along the lines of the serious crime of Obstruction of Justice (the Russian collusion is related but secondary to the probe.....)

Now. we DO know that both Papadapolous and Page were minor, wanna-be players in the scandal that has befallen this inept administration, BUT Flynn and Manafort were NOT minor players in the Trump campaign and transition phases.....

So, regardless of the dancing around quickly done by Trump's lawyers, the fact that Flynn's lawyers will NO longer be cooperating with them and the WH, signifies that Flynn (who was DENIED immunity) is looking for the best deal to keep his sorry ass (and his son's) out of prison........AND, the ONLY way he can do that is to provide valuable and certifiable information on Trump and his remaining entourage.....REMEMBER, that earlier this year Flynn openly and quickly stated...."I have a story to tell....."

Michael Flynn cut ties with Trump, maybe showing Mueller cooperation

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. nat4900

nat4900 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,014
    My apologies for misspelling "lawyers" in the thread's heading......I wish there was a way to correct that once posted.

3. MarkDuffy

MarkDuffy Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,426
    We need a replacement for popcorn, this is getting too good

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 2
  4. theHawk

theHawk Registered Conservative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,627
    It’s so fun watching you progressive traitors get played so easily.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. nat4900

nat4900 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,014

yes, we are betraying your Trump CULT........LOL

6. Xelor

Xelor Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,241
    I don't know.
    • It could be something as simple as basic confidentiality.
    • To avoid the actuality or appearance of having conflicts of interest.
    • It could be to avoid themselves or their client becoming subject to obstruction charges for disclosing information that could prevent investigators from obtaining pertinent information.
    • It could be just because they think Trump's lawyers are "sh*ts" and they don't want to have anything to do with them.
    • It could be because they were ordered to do so.
    • It could be none of that, some of it or something(s) else altogether.
    Until the reason is made clear, I think speculating about it is a waste of time.

I will say that I find it a bit odd that the fact of the cessation of interactions has become public knowledge. I'd expect, for the "Russia" matter, such a change in the nature of interaction be something attorneys just do and say nothing about their doing it. In the "Russia" matter, which is a criminal investigation rather than a political one as Congress' is, neither Trump nor Flynn would seem to have something to gain by disclosing the change in the nature of involvement between the two men's legal teams, at least IMO. It may affect public opinion, but insofar as Mueller's investigation is a criminal one, any charges he brings will be heard in a court of law, and public opinion isn't going to much matter in such a trial.

I'm sure he's trying to do that. Whether there is a strong case that can be made is what I and everyone but Mueller's team, perhaps some Congress members and their staff, don't know. What I do know is that when Mueller is done, we'll find out the strength of the case he's got.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,242
    well, Flynn has his own financial and family interests to protect. That's what happens

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. nat4900

nat4900 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,014
    I respectfully disagree.........My thoughts are that Flynn's lawyers have long been trying to secure a pardon from Trump (pretty much after the failed attempt by Trump to convince Comey to DROP the investigation.)

Now, Flynn's lawyers are turning to Mueller for some kind of deal after his plea for immunity was rejected........

Flynn's legal bills are enormous for not a wealthy person.....he is also facing congressional probes AND even a military one that may deny him his pension.....

For Flynn it may be time to abandon his "loyalty" to Trump and save his (and his son's) sorry asses from prison.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,242
    flynn, it seems to me was desperate as you said, to tell his "story". he's also figured out that mueller is holding back federal charges so if Donald tries to pardon anyone, they can be brought by the state AG's and not be subject to either trump's pardon or to double jeopardy.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  10. nat4900

nat4900 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,014

.....and, to sustain what you stated, THAT is why the wily Mueller impaneled a grand jury in the state of Virginia.......ANY pardon from Trump would be additional fodder to the obstruction of justice probe.

• Agree Agree x 1