Why Won't You People Listen To This Man???

Discussion in 'Economy' started by Paulie, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,394
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5hMeNnbSqkk&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5hMeNnbSqkk&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Listen to him!! He predicts the '87 recession due to our policy in 1983!

This guy's been right for 30 years, and hasn't changed his tune ONE IOTA.

Why do you people want to continue letting the Fed manipulate our money? Why do you want us to continue going through lows like this?

Why won't you LISTEN to this man!?

2. Bern80

Bern80 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +726
    I don't know. Why don't todays democrats listen to JFK when he said "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what can you do for your country."?

3. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,300
    Because he simply does not connect to the normal person. He has zero charisma but I love the picture 'chicks dig me."

4. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,432
    Because his policies are naive. His international policies are disasterous. His domestic policies would be a nightmare. Because he won't disavow white supremacists.

Again, you like the guy fine. It's your right.

Just keep him far away from me. I look forward to watching his third party candidacy though.

5. Bern80

Bern80 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +726
    I think what is really being asked is why republicans aren't listening to one of their own. Which is interesting since their certianly aren't listening to one of their own either.

The issues the republicans are haveing is they are unfortunately learning from the dems and taking queues as to what they think they need to do get votes which is essentially pander in a never game of 'look what i got you'.

6. pegwinn

pegwinn Top of the Food Chain

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +329
    Naive? Sticking to the Constitution is naive? Wow.

International policy. Non-interventionalist actions would be disasterous? No habla.

Domestically a nightmare?

I can't figure out how you are coming up with these. Especially when the alternative is more .gov bloat and higher taxes.

7. Alucard

Alucard VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    To Libs the writers of the constitution were naive!!!

Did you forget... they are an intellect well beyond us humans

8. Bern80

Bern80 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +726
    And what exactley do you see in our future if RP is elected? Return to segregation perhaps? I'm sure that would fly right through congress. Aren't you also suppossed to want us out of Iraq?

9. Steerpike

Steerpike VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +182
    The number one turn-off for a lot of people regarding Ron Paul are his supporters. He's attracted, in addition to some reasonable people I know, a lot of loons, and they have become sort of the grass-roots face of the cause, at least around here.

The same guy who is trying to convince me about Ron Paul is, in the next breath, sending lunatic links from Alex Jones web sites. There no telling how much damage that sort of thing has done to Paul's support...

10. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,394
    What does that have to do with Ron Paul HIMSELF, though?

Think of how many crazy rednecks down south are supporting McCain, or Rudy, or Huckabee, because they'll "nuke dem ayrabs!". There's racists all OVER this country, and no doubt, there's going to be just as many of them voting for OTHER candidates this year, as one's who vote for RP.

The only reason you know so much about RP's specific supporters, is because anti-RP bloggers and the MSM have worked as hard as they can to make sure the stories about RP that go viral, are one's that smeer his credibility.

How many rednecks down south (YOU know the one's I'm talking about) voted for Bush again in '04, just because they wanted to see him continue bombing the shit out of those dirty muslims? The MSM could have just as easily done an expose` on Bush's supporters, and came up with PLENTY of KKK idiots, and Stormfront people. Don Black of Stormfront was supporting Bush when he was running.

There are 10's of millions of morons in this world. They're not all voting for Ron Paul. You have to take into consideration just how many crazy lunatics are voting for EACH candidate. If the MSM would cover RP more regularly and take him seriously, especially considering he's beaten each of the other Rep. candidates so far in a primary, maybe his supporters wouldn't feel the overwhelming need to plaster his face and name everywhere to combat the unfair coverage.

It's basically grassroots vs. MSM in this campaign. Do a little research. Survey people. I'll bet you'll find just as many kooks voting for the others as well.

My son.