Why We Need Less, Not More, Government

Discussion in 'Politics' started by xsited1, Jul 19, 2011.

1. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    This is in response to the following thread:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/176062-why-we-need-more-not-less-government.html#post3881880

When I saw this thread, I thought it was a joke. Then I remembered we are living in the Obama-age. Anyway, somebody at LewRockwell.com saw the site referenced in the thread a couple years ago and decided to write about it. Funny. :clap2:

2. Antiderivative

Antiderivative BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +103
    I have read that before. This part makes me laugh everytime.

Why did the U.S.S.R. go the way of the Assyrian Empire? Let the good professor explain:

…our rights depend heavily on an active and well-funded government. When governments find themselves in a position where they can't effectively tax and spend as has sometimes been the case in countries in the former Soviet Union citizen rights and liberties become unenforceable and largely non-existent. ​

I had no idea that the real reason that Stalin murdered millions of people and enslaved hundreds of millions more was because he and his minions could not “effectively tax and spend.”

3. KissMy

KissMy Free Breast Exam

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,921
    Government negligence & incompetence is what destroyed the economy. Government gives a false sense of security that allows criminals to prey upon its citizens who have let down their guard trusting in the security of their government.

How many criminals has the SEC jailed over the past 10 years? How many in the last 20 years? - The answer is 1.

Now - How many high priced government employees does the SEC have with fat ass pensions for life? The answer is 3,748 costing us $1.4 Billion a year or $376,000 per employee per year.

Are you getting your monies worth? Hell No!!! Not unless you are Bernie Madoff.

4. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    :lol: I'm amazed at how easily led people are into believe such nonsense. Here's another great article from the same site:

More Government Won't Help by Ron Paul

5. ShackledNation

ShackledNation Libertarian

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +324
    I loved this part:
    Excellent articles. And in response those pro-big government will just reiterate the same talking points already refuted ad nauseam.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  6. waltky

waltky Wise ol' monkey Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,859
    Bad job well done...
    :eusa_eh:
    SEC Awards $1,200 Bonus to Employee Who Twice Failed to Uncover Madoff Fraud, IG Says
    Friday, August 12, 2011 - The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) issued a $1,200 bonus in 2010 to an SEC employee who played a key role in two investigations that failed to uncover investment counselor Bernie Madoff’s $50 billion Ponzi scheme.