Why Was Thomas Jefferson Selected To Write The Constitution?

He is a preson trying to discuss something.

That makes him more adult than you

if he is.....why aint he here?.....and at least i will answer questions aimed at me if i am in a thread unlike you who runs from the threads....that makes me more adult than you.....

Thomas Jefferson wrote the Constitution. Because you don't like it doesn't mean it didn't happen.
Why do people think Jefferson wrote the Constitution? - Yahoo! Answers

the children have been asking...
Why do people think Jefferson wrote the Constitution?
Alexander Hamilton and James Madison crafted and wrote the most perfect document ever known, not Jefferson.

Jefferson was in Paris at the time.

Why has history been changed to make people think Jefferson wrote the United States Constitution?

Last edited:
so the Rs can use the hand picked quotes they use to pretend he was someone he was not

if he is.....why aint he here?.....and at least i will answer questions aimed at me if i am in a thread unlike you who runs from the threads....that makes me more adult than you.....

go get ANY thread I ran from.

I will answer any and all questions you have.

ready set go

A question for Declaration scholars: Why did Jefferson change Locke's "property" to happiness?

but we are talking about Jefferson writing the Constitution. :lol: or are we?

It seemed obvious that the poster simply erred and meant the Declaration. We know that Jefferson was in France during the Constitution convention. But of the five picked to serve on the committee to write the Declaration Jefferson was the obvious choice with Adams second choice. Livingston was picked for his family connections?
In any case after Jefferson wrote it the committee then edited Jeffersons masterpiece and after that the whole congress had at it. In the end 86 changes had been made to Jefferson's document, 480 words eliminated leaving 1,337.
strangely enough I have often mentioned the Declaration as primarily propaganda and no one has taken issue.

"To the task of composing the American Declaration of Independence from England, Benjamin Franklin, the internationally respected senior member of the Continental Congress, quickly declined, stating, “I make it a policy never to write documents subject to editing by others.” John Adams, the seasoned and experienced politician, was then called upon. Adam’s said, “There are three reasons why I should not accept this honor: first, I am disliked and obnoxious, so the document would lack credibility; second, it should be written by a Virginian; and third…, Thomas Jefferson is ten times a better writer than I.” The daunting task then came to the 33 year old Jefferson, who composed the draft in 1776 over a 17 day period in a hotel room in Phillidelphia. Among the activities helping focus and inspire his mind and words during this period was music… the playing of his violin."

If he's heard about the thousands of high paid lobbyists who roam the halls of congress wearing $2000 suits and Gucci shoes on any day a vote is being taken on important legislation I'll bet he has already rolled over in his grave and farted.

Jefferson's intellect was off the charts and we are all lobbyists even if we don't wear gucci shoes.

A question for Declaration scholars: Why did Jefferson change Locke's "property" to happiness?

It seemed obvious that the poster simply erred and meant the Declaration.

not obvious at all...when the OP keeps repeating it after being corrected earlier in the 5thy reply (post # 6) and here we correct him again

Last edited:

We know that Jefferson was in France during the Constitution convention. But of the five picked to serve on the committee to write the Declaration Jefferson was the obvious choice with Adams second choice. Livingston was picked for his family connections?

In any case after Jefferson wrote it the committee then edited Jeffersons masterpiece and after that the whole congress had at it. In the end 86 changes had been made to Jefferson's document, 480 words eliminated leaving 1,337.
strangely enough I have often mentioned the Declaration as primarily propaganda and no one has taken issue.

The Declaration of Independence as propaganda? What are you talking about? This could make a good one-on-one challenge:eusa_whistle:

go get ANY thread I ran from.

I will answer any and all questions you have.

ready set go
here we go.....you know Truth....you do this to everybody,yea lets look through 50 thousand posts to find one.....90% of the posters here would say you leave threads all the time.....right when you get questioned.....i know this and 90% of the posters here know this.....and i am very sure you know this.....i played your game 3-4 times......i wont do it again.....

Last edited:

We know that Jefferson was in France during the Constitution convention. But of the five picked to serve on the committee to write the Declaration Jefferson was the obvious choice with Adams second choice. Livingston was picked for his family connections?

The Declaration of Independence as propaganda? What are you talking about? This could make a good one-on-one challenge:eusa_whistle:

If the colonies had simply wanted to break with Britain they had done so on July 2nd with their vote for independence. But that wasn't all that was needed. America needed allies, first only 1/3 of the colonists supported the break, another 1/3 could care less, and the final 1/3 supported Britain, but the biggies were France and maybe Spain. The Declaration was propaganda in that it was an appeal for colonists and France to help us. Why else would Jefferson go to such lenghts to explain to the world the why of our break? Great writing based on great principles but written to garner support. Propaganda at its finest. Did it work?

If the colonies had simply wanted to break with Britain they had done so on July 2nd with their vote for independence. But that wasn't all that was needed. America needed allies, first only 1/3 of the colonists supported the break, another 1/3 could care less, and the final 1/3 supported Britain, but the biggies were France and maybe Spain. The Declaration was propaganda in that it was an appeal for colonists and France to help us. Why else would Jefferson go to such lenghts to explain to the world the why of our break? Great writing based on great principles but written to garner support. Propaganda at its finest. Did it work?
This definitely fits criteria for the Bull Ring http://www.usmessageboard.com/bull-ring-discussions-and-call-outs/

You know this is about as simplistic as it gets?

Forum List

Back