Why this lockdown?

Ever had the common flu? I know many people that have had Covid19 . We have yearly influenzas. No lock downs on them. is this a political thing?
Probably has something to do with the 320,845 dead people, that were live people before they got Covid-19 in the last 9 months, an unheard of number for seasonal flu in the United States. Although it might be more specifically because we are averaging close to 3,000 deaths a day of people for the last week that caught it in November. Then again, could have something to do with the almost daily last words of dying people who had been Covid deniers and trump supporters who learned better on their death beds, wishing they had listened to the public health people and warning their family and friends, they were wrong and should be taking precautions. It certainly does not help that trump had HHS stupidly, secretly planning and encouraging free transmission to achieve "herd" immunity over the next 2 or 3 years.
Seasonal flu usually has a vaccine that can be taken. Without the flu vaccines, yes, it would be those kind of numbers with many strains.

A couple of years ago, we had a seasonal flu that was missed and was not in the seasonal flu shot and our yearly flu deaths went from about 25,000 to 68,000 that year...

We still have a lot to learn about this Corona virus vs an Influenza Virus..... It's so much weaker than the flu in some people, as far as sickness, (the A-symptomatic), yet so much deadlier to others that do get sick with it than people sick with the flu....

I think the asymptomatic, those with the Corona virus and not knowing it, and still being able to spread the virus quickly to another, is the devil in the details... the big difference between the flu and covid that makes the spread of covid faster through a community too.... not just a virus with a vaccine vs a virus without one.

With the flu, you are only infectious and spreading it, when you have symptoms....fever, cough, conjestion, runny nose etc.....

But this Covid virus is a sneaky son of a bitch....!!!

These covid related stay at home orders for everyone non essential, is different than a bad flu situation....with a bad flu spreading, you can just demand the sick with symptoms stay home, don't go to work or mix with people....

that just ain't the case with 40% to 50% of the people carrying covid who have no symptoms....

only an enormous amount of accurate, rapid, testing can find the virus carriers, and issolate them only, and not the entire town...

Last edited:
Probably has something to do with the 320,845 dead people, that were live people before they got Covid-19 in the last 9 months,
You mean to tell me that many women got pregnant and had to travel out of state to get abortions under federal protective service custody with a diagnosis of COVID for the baby to boot?

Probably has something to do with the 320,845 dead people, that were live people before they got Covid-19 in the last 9 months,
You mean to tell me that many women got pregnant and had to travel out of state to get abortions under federal protective service custody with a diagnosis of COVID for the baby to boot?
Did not look up anything on an abortion issue as it was not the topic. Why do you ask? Are you in a situation? You should have just said no, but now will have to deal with it by your own conscience, as I will not make it for you.

Not sure that shutting down businesses means less cases.
Why not, especially with close contact in those public accommodations?
Is Costco closed? Is Home Depot closed? ect

Dan, you need to use some critical thinking, it would go a long ways for you.
Richer Capitalists can afford pandemic mitigation.
What in hell does that have to do with "close contact in those public accomodations'?
You need to keep up on the discussion you're in.
good grief

What in hell does that have to do with "close contact in those public accomodations'?
good grief
lol. This:

From 1978 to 2018, CEO compensation grew by 1,007.5% (940.3% under the options-realized measure), far outstripping S&P stock market growth (706.7%) and the wage growth of very high earners (339.2%). In contrast, wages for the typical worker grew by just 11.9%.--https://www.epi.org/publication/ceo-compensation-2018/

good grief
lol. This:

From 1978 to 2018, CEO compensation grew by 1,007.5% (940.3% under the options-realized measure), far outstripping S&P stock market growth (706.7%) and the wage growth of very high earners (339.2%). In contrast, wages for the typical worker grew by just 11.9%.--https://www.epi.org/publication/ceo-compensation-2018/
Dude, you have no idea what YOU and I were even talking about, do you?

Give you a hint...it wasn't about CEO's compensations. :auiqs.jpg:

good grief
lol. This:

Yes, it is about comparison and contrast under Capitalism and how the poor have less opportunities than the Richest.

good grief
lol. This:

Yes, it is about comparison and contrast under Capitalism and how the poor have less opportunities than the Richest.
No, no it wasn't. It was about closing businesses to stem the China virus spread.
have a good day, it's useless trying to have a discussion with you.

good grief
lol. This:

No, no it wasn't. It was about closing businesses to stem the China virus spread.
have a good day, it's useless trying to have a discussion with you.
The Richest can afford the most pandemic mitigation under our form of Capitalism. Isn't Capitalism wonderful?

Cali in a full lockdown and full mask mandates and continues to have record covid cases, more than some countries.

Lockdowns are to hurt Trump, period.
Right Wingers claiming the pandemic is a Hoax backfired on the right wing.

Nobody said it was a hoax. They said the liberal attacks on the president was a hoax. And it was. WTF does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

You quoted me and then didn't reply to a thing I said. WTF dude?

Care to explain why a state in a full lockdown with full mask mandates for everyone is having record cases? If lockdowns and masks worked they would have zero, or close to zero. No, they are LEADING THE PACK in covid cases.

Last edited:
Cali in a full lockdown and full mask mandates and continues to have record covid cases, more than some countries.

Care to explain why a state in a full lockdown with full mask mandates for everyone is having record cases? If lockdowns and masks worked they would have zero, or close to zero. No, they are LEADING THE PACK in covid cases.
I would agree with you if right wingers weren't claiming the pandemic is no more worse than the regular flu. Even a few people going maskless in a crowd of masked people may help spread the virus. Masks only help prevent the spread from already infected people.

I would agree with you if right wingers weren't claiming the pandemic is no more worse than the regular flu. Even a few people going maskless in a crowd of masked people may help spread the virus. Masks only help prevent the spread from already infected people.

So the entire state of Cali is full of infected people? OK then open the state up. If everyone has it, then nobody else can get it.

So you're admitting that mask mandates dont work in a state with low infection rates, amirite?

So the entire state of Cali is full of infected people? OK then open the state up. If everyone has it, then nobody else can get it.
wow. Only the right wing is that fantastical. Hospitals and morgues are at or above capacity in some places due to the pandemic.

wow. Only the right wing is that fantastical. Hospitals and morgues are at or above capacity in some places due to the pandemic.

Ok, so what does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

I said the same thing. The only difference is I point out that its in a state with mask mandates and a full lockdown and it's STILL HAPPENING. So obviously THEY DONT WORK.

Ok, so what does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

I said the same thing. The only difference is I point out that its in a state with mask mandates and a full lockdown and it's STILL HAPPENING. So obviously THEY DONT WORK.
It has to do with running out of capacity in those sectors. Any questions?

Forum List

Back