Why The Private Sector is Very Wary of Setting up in Urban Areas

GMCGeneral

Diamond Member
Dec 16, 2020
For me to know and you not to find out.
While we endured a four day blizzard and massive cleanup/snow removal afterwards, opportunistic scumbags proceeded to loot stores and other businesses to the point where many of them will NOT reopen within the East Side of Buffalo, New York. Before too long, we will begin to hear the catcalls from the community agitators about "lack of stores" etc. But they brought it on themselves. Why? Because the neighborhood was never properly controlled to the point where businesses like Aldi's (their Broadway location will not reopen), Family Dollar, Dollar Tree, etc. closed their East Buffalo branches permanently! I brought this same discussion up on this and other discussion boards nearly three years ago during the height of the BLM/Antifa riots and the whole "defund the police" idiocy that ensued.
If I were a business owner, why would I want to locate somewhere, anywhere that crime is so rampant it makes it impossible for me to turn a profit, let alone skyrocketing insurance costs?

Just remember, it's only "Looting" if you are black.

E-A9gAAX0AYgIyf.jpg

Most of the Family Dollar and General Dollar stores in our area are situated in poor urban and poor rural areas. Since they seem to have growing food sections, I assume their models show that the profits from EBT sales are a net positive over their losses from shoplifting and looting.

It always surprises me with what looters are prepared to do. They go out in blizzards, hurricanes, tornadoes and wildfires. In California looters go into burning homes to look for jewelry or to take the TV set. They tunnel through unstable earthquake debris to steal what they can. A blizzard is nothing.

While we endured a four day blizzard and massive cleanup/snow removal afterwards, opportunistic scumbags proceeded to loot stores and other businesses to the point where many of them will NOT reopen within the East Side of Buffalo, New York. Before too long, we will begin to hear the catcalls from the community agitators about "lack of stores" etc. But they brought it on themselves. Why? Because the neighborhood was never properly controlled to the point where businesses like Aldi's (their Broadway location will not reopen), Family Dollar, Dollar Tree, etc. closed their East Buffalo branches permanently! I brought this same discussion up on this and other discussion boards nearly three years ago during the height of the BLM/Antifa riots and the whole "defund the police" idiocy that ensued.
If I were a business owner, why would I want to locate somewhere, anywhere that crime is so rampant it makes it impossible for me to turn a profit, let alone skyrocketing insurance costs?
Police are not required to protect you or your property.

Police are not required to protect you or your property.

That's their very job description, dumbass.

Actually, it isn't.

Following last February's shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, some students claimed local government officials were at fault for failing to provide protection to students. The students filed suit, naming six defendants, including the Broward school district and the Broward Sheriff’s Office , as well as school deputy Scot Peterson and campus monitor Andrew Medina.

On Monday, though, a federal judge ruled that the government agencies " had no constitutional duty to protect students who were not in custody."

This latest decision adds to a growing body of case law establishing that government agencies — including police agencies — have no duty to provide protection to citizens in general:

“Neither the Constitution, nor state law, impose a general duty upon police officers or other governmental officials to protect individual persons from harm — even when they know the harm will occur,” said Darren L. Hutchinson, a professor and associate dean at the University of Florida School of Law. “Police can watch someone attack you, refuse to intervene and not violate the Constitution.”
The Supreme Court has repeatedly held that the government has only a duty to protect persons who are “in custody,” he pointed out.

Actually, it isn't.

Following last February's shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, some students claimed local government officials were at fault for failing to provide protection to students. The students filed suit, naming six defendants, including the Broward school district and the Broward Sheriff’s Office , as well as school deputy Scot Peterson and campus monitor Andrew Medina.

On Monday, though, a federal judge ruled that the government agencies " had no constitutional duty to protect students who were not in custody."

This latest decision adds to a growing body of case law establishing that government agencies — including police agencies — have no duty to provide protection to citizens in general:
Why people put so much trust in cops I have no idea.

Forum List

Back