Why the Pistons can repeat as NBA champions

hylandrdet

Oct 5, 2004
Tennessee
I know I'm a homer, but the way things look, the Detroit Pistons are well on their way to repeat as NBA Champions. Check this out...

Did you know that the Pistons had lost only one game to a division leader at the Palace? (Then, Indiana).

Did you know that the Pistons are 6-2 at the Palace?

Most important, did you know that the Pistons' was the first team in NBA history, under the 2-3-2 finals format, to win all of their three games as the underdog team?

It appears that the Pistons' gameplan is to convert the Palace into "The Fortress". From there, there is only one mission for the team... just win one game one on the road. We'll find out tonight when the central division leading Cleveland Cavaliers come to town.

To me, it sounds like all roads to the NBA championship lead through Detroit.

Tayshaun Prince led the way with 26 points, Richard Hamilton followed up with 16, as the Pistons handed the NBA league leading Pheonix Suns it's second worse road loss, 94 to 80.

This win is the Pistons third win over a divisional leader in four tries (San Antonio the only winner 80-77). Seattle remains as the only team the Pistons have yet to face.

The Pistons can beat any team, anytime, anywhere. So you tell me... who do you think can beat this team four times in a best of seven series?

hylandrdet said:
So you tell me... who do you think can beat this team four times in a best of seven series?

nbalogo_sonics_71232.gif

;)

I know I'm a homer, but the way things look, the Detroit Pistons are well on their way to repeat as NBA Champions. Check this out...

Did you know that the Pistons had lost only one game to a division leader at the Palace? (Then, Indiana).

Did you know that the Pistons are 6-2 at the Palace?

Most important, did you know that the Pistons' was the first team in NBA history, under the 2-3-2 finals format, to win all of their three games as the underdog team?

It appears that the Pistons' gameplan is to convert the Palace into "The Fortress". From there, there is only one mission for the team... just win one game one on the road. We'll find out tonight when the central division leading Cleveland Cavaliers come to town.

To me, it sounds like all roads to the NBA championship lead through Detroit.
They would have if the refs didn't rig the 2005 finals.

Hey, I hope we get this guy at number 5

Pick: Jalen Duren​

The big man can play on both ends of the floor and as mentioned above, slots in well for the Pistons. Even with Isaiah Stewart developing, Duren has more offensive upside and projects better as the long-term center for Detroit. If he’s available at No. 5, the Pistons should take him.

1652875522672.png

Forum List

Back