Why the election matters: AI is reviewing scientists' old work and discovering things they missed.

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
This article talks about how A.I is going through old, technical documents and research work to improve on the information. This could be groundbreaking as it would reinvent the wheel by improving old theories, theories that just fell short, and essentially reviving the minds of the best across all domains who are no longer with us.

Why the 2020 election is important? Trump has taken a stance to protect American A.I from China and confronting them on many issues from intellectual property to espionage and state "guided" activities in America. Even Putin himself famously said in 2017 that whomever leads in A.I will rule the world. All nations will look for shortcuts and America is too often helping them through their own businesses in the U.S. If these protections are gone (corporations definitely don't care about protecting U.S National Security interests, they just want profits, even if they help China), humanity is in deep trouble.

Consider state efforts of espionage and the like by China and Russia when compared to former American companies like Google. I say former, because Google is clearly a multi-national company. They even withdrew from a key contract with U.S D.O.D at the behest of their own employees who weren't comfortable with the morality of it. Ironic, considering they are happily helping China succeed.

https://www.cbc.ca/radio/quirks/nov...-and-discovering-things-they-missed-1.5352128

Forum List

Back